Chapter 4: Change

"I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away-"

It's Beca.

"Hey ginger, did I wake you up?"

"Uhm, no not really."

"Can you come here. At my room, I'm too lazy to go there."

"Yeah, sure. Just a minute"

I hang up and wore a sweater. I went to her room and knocked. I'm really nervous for no reason. What if she finally notice?

Beca opened the door and she sighed in relief. "Just keep quiet Amy's sleeping already." She whispered.

Man, that gave me shivers. I smiled at her. A full smile and asked, "so, why did you call me?"

"I need help. I'm listing down what DSM is doing, but I'm not as focus as you were in the car show."

"Sure okay" I said while going inside her room.

"Write it down okay?"

"Yeah, sure. First, they have electronic music." Beca started as she wrote it down on a memo pad.

"They have refine stage apperance."

"They also have tongue dexterity and intimidating facial techniques"

"What do you mean by facial techniques?" I asked Beca. Hoping, I could be like Komissar? Nah. Chloe, this is for the Bellas.

"You know. They give these cold stares. They never smile, and they act unaffected by their surroundings"

"You should probably include those examples in your notes. I think that's all it." I finished, forgetting about the choreography.

"Wait what about their dance?" Beca asked as she turned around and checked me.

"Chloe, are you okay?"

What do you mean by okay? Okay that the one you love also loves you? No I'm not. I'm not 'okay', Beca.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I answered

"You never forget a thing when it's about the Bellas."

"Maybe I'm just tired."

"Chloe, is there something I need to know?" Beca told me hoping that I'll say something to her again. This is the second time, but this time she's insisting.

"You need to know? Like what?" I asked like I'm confused, and I am confused.

What happened that night? Beca's different starting that night. She's acting too nice.

"I don't know."

"What you need to know is that they have precision moves. Like every one of them doesn't make a mistake"

Beca chuckled, "now that's the Chloe I know. That's about it. Are you going to sleep already?"

"Nope not yet. Why?"

"Mind staying here for a moment?" She said as she stood up from her chair. She sat beside me in her bed and gave me hug.

A hug that made my body shiver. I can feel the butterflies in my stomach, the coolness in my chest mixing with the warmth of her body. Everything that I was thinking about was gone for a moment.

I really wish this hug would stay forever, but of course at the end she let go.

"What was that for?" I asked with a big smile in my face.