Epilogue One

Four Months Later...

Ella Frazier

I'm suspicious.

Typically, I'm a very easygoing person. I try to take everything with a grain of salt in life because nothing is ever as bad as I make it out to be.

There have only been a few instances in my life where I have been truly suspicious of what is going on around me.

Right now is one of them.

Harry left this morning to go to work, waking me up with a soft kiss on my forehead before he skipped out the door.

Suspicion grew first thing in the morning because although the morning kiss was typical, I've never seen him skip out of the door like he did, even with how much he likes his job now.

After I woke up a little more. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, did my usual morning routine and when I went out to make my coffee, there was already one sitting on the counter waiting for me, along with a plate of chocolate chip pancakes and a little note.

"Good morning, sunshine" the note read.

Suspicious activity number two.

This, again, I took with a grain of salt because most mornings, there will be coffee waiting for me in the morning made by Harry because we usually wake up around the same time, so he knows my cup won't get cold once he leaves for work.

The pancakes, on the other hand, are not so normal.

I ate them quickly and then headed into the guest room of our place which Harry and I turned into a little office for me to work.

I spent a good amount of time writing and working on getting emails out to the company before I got a text from Mia.

Mia

Hey

Me

Hey

Mia

Whatcha up to?

Me

Nothing much, just some work stuff

Why what's up?

Mia

Just checking in with you

Me

You never do that

Mia

Yes I do

Me

Not typically

Mia

You're making me feel like a bad sister

Me

Shut up

Mia

Thanks

I watched as the text bubble popped up on Mia's end, then disappeared, only to reappear again for about two seconds before it was gone.

I sighed as I typed out another text to her.

Me

Is that all you needed?