Five

Harry Styles

"Yes Ella...babe I know okay," I say, stepping out of the front doors of my office, tossing my suit jacket over my shoulder.

"Just let me know when you are on your way," Ella speaks back to me through the phone, the sound of rustling slightly muffling her voice.

"I will, Promise," I say, nodding a goodbye to some of my coworkers as I make my way down the hall and step into the elevator, pressing the first-floor button

"Thank you, sweetheart, see you later," Ella says

"Bye honey," I say, hanging up the phone

The past few days have had Ella in a whirlwind of emotions. One minute she's extremely excited to go back home to her parents and be able to see them. Throughout our relationship, Ella has always brought up how she misses her parents, something we both can talk about pretty freely since my mom is still back in London. So I share her excitement about being able to go home with her.

And then the next minute she loses her mind, freaking out about what she needs to pack, and ultimately conjuring up enough nerves for the both of us about me meeting her parents for the first time. Ive told her multiple times I am nowhere near nervous to meet her parents, if anything im over the moon excited, but that doesn't stop her from freaking out.

I step out of the elevator, walking towards the front entrance of the building before I notice Sarah, our receptionist, calling my name out before I can open the door. I shift my direction, spinning around on my heel and heading to her desk. She shuffles around a ton of papers on her desk, grabbing a folder and handing it up to me.

She moves the mouthpiece of the phone away from her mouth, "Wyatt told me to give this to you." I grab the folder from her, nodding my head and giving her a smile paired with a "thank you". She gives me a quick nod, bringing her full attention back to whoever is on the other end of the phone. I make my way back to the front door, stepping out and heading to my car.

Once inside I toss the folder into the empty passenger seat and connect my phone to the radio, shuffling one of the many playlists Ella has made me. She insisted on it actually, telling me my music taste was terrible a while back on one of our first dates. Now, these are the only songs I listen to.

Once Im back at my place, I grab everything out of my car, making my way into the building and to my apartment, letting out a tired sigh as I throw the random folder along with my jacket onto the dining table.

I open my phone, seeing about ten different messages from Ella about what to pack. I chuckle to myself, shaking my head at her freaking out over what to bring. I head into my room, stepping into my closet and pulling out a smaller suitcase I have, chucking it onto my bed, and heading back into my closet.

I pull out my phone again, clicking on Ella's contact and pressing facetime. I prop my phone up on the top of my dresser, listening as the ring sounds out while I shuffle through my drawers grabbing underwear and some random shirts and sweatpants.

Once the call picks up, Ella's face is front and center on my screen, her big blue eyes staring back at me. "Hey baby," I say, moving away from the camera to throw my clothes into the suitcase. I come back to the camera, seeing Ella still staring blankly into the camera, no response coming from her. "You doing okay over there?" I laugh.

I watch as Ella cracks, the corners of her lips slowly creeping into a smile before she steps back from the front of the camera, "Im fine, I'm making you something." she says as she steps just outside of the frame of the camera, messing with something on the countertop.

"What is it?" I ask, grabbing my phone and bringing it with me into my closet, grabbing some casual clothes along with some nicer items because honestly, I don't know if Ella has any plans for us while back in her hometown or not, so I feel like its better to be prepared than come up empty-handed.