Twenty Five*

Ella Frazier

I woke up next to Harry this morning.

This is something I hadn't done in forever and wasn't sure I would ever be able to do again.

I woke up in a bed, covered in cool white sheets and wrapped in the memories of last night.

As I slowly wake up, I feel a warmth beside me. I tense my hand slightly, feeling the coarse skin of Harry's hand beneath mine. A small smile creeps onto my face as I slowly rub my thumb up and down against the side of his hand.

I open my eyes, the sunlight peeking through the windows' curtains.

I feel Harry stir behind me, sucking in a deep breath as he nuzzles his head into the crevice of my neck. His lips place a light kiss on the skin of my neck, making me smile.

"Goodmorning," I speak out softly, running and hand up and down his arm now.

"Morning, pretty girl," Harry says, his voice a little hoarse from just waking up.

I smile as I shuffle in bed, twisting around until I eventually face him. His eyes are slightly puffy from just waking up, a tired look as he grins at me.

"How did you sleep?" He asks, bringing a hand up from my waist to push a piece of hair that has fallen in front of my eyes to behind my ear.

"A lot better than I have been," I reply.

"Good," He says, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I need to get in the shower," Harry tells me.

I let out a laugh, "I agree you smell."

He releases a fake gasp, dropping my jaw, "Rude."

"Kidding," I say, sitting up from my bed. I shove the covers off my body, hearing Harry let out a small whimper at the loss of me being next to him.

"Go get in the shower," I tell him, pointing towards the bathroom door, "I'll make you breakfast when you get out."

Without hearing another protest, I walk out of the bedroom door and into the kitchen. I search through the pantry, pulling out a box of pancake mix and smiling. I grab the rest of the ingredients to make my favorite breakfast food, finding chocolate chips right where the pancake mix was.

I quickly whip up the batter, warming up a pan and dropping spoonfuls of the mixture onto the hot pan. Once I make all the pancakes for the amount of batter I have, I dish up a plate for Harry, covering them in butter and syrup since I know that's how he likes them. I grab his plate and mine, bringing them into the bedroom again and placing both of our plates on top of his desk.

I walk over to the bed, grab the sheets and pull them up to the top of the bed, flattening them out and tossing the pillows back onto the top. I walk around to his desk, pull out his chair, and sit down. I grab a pancake from my plate, take a bite, and then set it back down on the plate.

The bathroom door opens, and Harry walks out with his towel fluffing his hair. He looks up at me, a smile on his face as he sees me on the chair. He takes my chin in between his thumb and pointer finger, bending down to place a kiss on my lips.

"Breakfast is right here," I turn, pointing at his plate.

"Thank you, honey," He says, tossing his partially wet towel onto the bed. He walks over, grabbing his plate off the desk along with his fork.

"Here," I say, standing up from his chair, "I'm going to shower. You sit and eat."

Harry nods his head at me before sitting down in his chair. I run a hand through his wet hair before bending down to place a kiss on the top of his head. I walk to the bathroom, pull out a towel, set it on the counter, and turn on the water to the shower.