Fourteen*

Ella Frazier

I feel a vibration from the spot on the couch next to me, my gaze shooting over to my phone lying on the cushion beside me. I reach my hand beside me, picking up the phone and bringing it in front of me so that the screen lights up.

H <3: Let me take you on a date tonight?

Me and you?

I feel the heat rise to my cheeks, and a smile creeps on my face as my eyes read the words repeatedly. The butterflies in my stomach picking up speed the more time that passes at this moment. I type back a quick reply, telling Harry that obviously, I would love to go on a date with him.

He replies by letting me know that he'll pick me up in about forty minutes. I send him a thumbs up as I stand up from my seat, heading into my bedroom. I walk over to my nightstand, plug my phone into the charger, and then walk into my closet.

I smile, thinking of the outfit I'm going to wear tonight. I have had this one planned for ages, just waiting for the right moment to wear it, and a date with Harry seems like the perfect time.

I pull out all the necessary pieces, tossing one after the other onto my bed until all the outfit details are in a giant pile on my comforter. I run into the bathroom, rummaging through my drawers to find what I need to get ready for the night. I climb up onto the bathroom counter, quickly doing my makeup, applying deodorant and perfume, and brushing through my hair quickly.

I make my way out of my bathroom, walking over to the pile of clothing on my bed once again, grabbing the skirt first and pulling that onto my body. Next, I throw the lace tank top on, followed by a simple white button-up for some added style, my red leather jacket being the final piece to complete the look. I head back into my closet, pulling out a pair of black Doc Martens my sister got me for my birthday.

I stomp my foot into the shoe, tying the laces and standing back up. I head over to my dresser, pulling out some gold necklaces to accessorize and my favorite pair of gold hoop earrings. I also pull out a few gold rings to finish the look.

I shove the rings onto my fingers, clasp the necklaces around my neck and begin to work on getting the earrings in my ears, all while staring at myself in my mirror. I smile in the mirror, feeling happy with what I see. I hear my phone ring, followed by a few knocks at my door. I walk over to my nightstand, seeing a message from Harry telling me he's here.

"Come in," I shout from my room, pushing the back onto the gold hoop earring.

The door opens, then closes, the sound of footsteps tapping against the hardwood floor of my apartment. I feel my heart rate pick up as I check myself one last time in the mirror, smiling to myself at how good I look.

I grab my phone, walk out of my bedroom, and down the hall into the living room. There is where I see him. Harry stands in the middle of my living room, his back to me as he stares at the picture frames on the mantel in my living room. The second he hears the sound of my shoes on the floor, he spins on his heels to face me, revealing the bouquet of orange tulips held tight in his hand.

I watch his eyes scan up and down my body before I let myself do the same. He is in a black suit with a white button-up underneath. The top few buttons are undone to show off his chest, but my favorite part about his look is his hair, the shoulder-length curls on full display tonight.

Harry walks towards me, holding the flowers out in front of him for me to take. "For you," he says, leaning forward to press a kiss to my lips, "You look absolutely stunning tonight."

I pull back from the kiss and grab the bouquet and bring them up to my nose. The scent of the flowers fills my nose, a sweet smile creeping up on my face as I look back up to Harry, "Thank you, You don't look too bad yourself."