Eight*

Ella Frazier

Harry and I spent all of yesterday just being lazy around my parents place.

My mom and dad made it their mission to embarrass me, I think. They had us all sit down at the couch for dinner, showing off old video tapes of Mia and I from when we were younger for Harry and Wyatt to enjoy.

Harry also eventually got to see the photo albums that he wanted to see the day we got here, laughing at quite literally every picture that my dad showed him. However, I wasn't alone in my torment, as Wyatt took the liberty to also laugh at every picture of Mia that we came across, which resulted in Wyatt sleeping on the couch last night.

But today is the day that I have been dreading since we left for the trip, dinner with my family. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I knew how my family was going to react upon meeting Harry. I can really only base their reactions on how they were when they all met Wyatt for the first time, and that was a shit show.

"Is there anything I should know before we go?" Harry ask me as he fiddles with the clasp on his watch. He's wearing, of course, another button up shirt, this one being a silky creme colored shirt, paired with a pair of black jeans. He has the sleeves rolled up, showing off his tattoos that are littered along his left arm.

"Genuinely," I say, shoving my foot into the pair of green converse that I brought along with me, "We are both going into this a little blind sided. If it's anything like the day they met Wyatt, I apologize in advance."

Harry lets out a laugh at my answer, running his hands through his hair as I stand up from my seat on the bed. I make my way over to the door, reaching for the handle but am stopped once Harry grabs my hand, spinning me around as he pulls me back to him.

Harry moves his hands so that they wrap around my waist, swaying us ever so slightly from side to side as he leans down to give me a kiss as I drape my arms around his shoulders, connecting my hands at the back of his head. I kiss him back, only for a second as he disconnects our lips from the kiss, his still hovering slightly over mine as we sway back and forth to whatever song is playing in his head.

"You guys ready up there?" I hear my mom shout from down the stairs. Harry leans his head back, yelling a quick "yes" back to my mom before he reaches up, grabbing my wrist and bringing it down in between the both of us. I drop mu other hand, resting it at my side as Harry takes a step back from us, creating more space between the two of us.

He lets his eyes run up and down my figure, taking in the outfit that I chose for the dinner. A simple pair of orange jeans paired with a white tank top that has an orange and yellow flower dead center on the material. He brings his eyes back up to me, a smirk pulling up on his face before he turns his head to the side, pinching his eyes shut and letting out a loud "ooooh!".

I let out a little laugh, feeling my cheeks heat up from his reaction. I never really thought myself to be this outstandingly gorgeous girl, but Harry makes sure that I know he thinks of me that way every time he sees me.

I yank his hand, shaking my head with a laugh as I pull him out of the room and down the stairs to find the rest of the household hanging around the front door of the house, waiting for Harry and I to join them.

"About time," Mia groans

"Who shit in your cereal, crab ass?" I throw back at her as she pushes her way through the front door.

Mia quickly flips around, anger filling her expression. She goes to open her mouth, stomping her way back over to me but is stopped when Wyatt shoves his way past me, squatting down to pick her up around the waist and fling her over his shoulder.