Eighteen

Chapter 18 and Chapter 19 are part of a double update

They occur at the exact same time, just one is from Ella's POV, and the other is Harry's

Enjoy!

Ella Frazier

"You were talking nonsense," Mia pauses to take a sip of her water, "told mom and dad all about that one night at Uni when you had to get stitches cause you fell off a swing," she squints her eyes at me, a smile on her face. I throw my head into my hands, trying to hide the embarrassed look I can feel rising onto my face.

"Fuck, no, I didn't," I speak into the palms of my hands. I hear Mia laugh beside me on the couch, causing me to lift my head, revealing the smile that is spread across my face.

"You absolutely did," she nods. I let out a groan at the thought of me telling my parents all about my drunken adventures at college. "Why were you even on a swing in the first place?" she asks.

"Noah and Lucia thought it would be fun," I shrug, "and who am I to turn down a good drunk swing?"

Noah and Lucia were my best friends in college. I had met Noah in my first-year seminar class, the two of us sitting beside each other on the first day. I remember him asking me if I had done the reading for today, and I almost cried, thinking that I had fucked up my first day of college. He quickly told me seconds later that he was joking. As for Lucia, she was my roommate. There are many stories about people having terrible roommates, but I never had to experience that. She was someone that was always down for any plan, cared about me and others, never once crossed any boundaries that I had, and supported my every move.

I still talk to them occasionally, not as much as I wished I did, but now and then, I check in on them.

"Anyways, nitrous gas should be illegal," I point out, standing up from my spot on the couch. I reach down, grab my glass from the coffee table, and walk toward the kitchen to pour myself some more wine.

"Would you rather feel the dentist ripping your teeth out?" Mia shouts from her spot.

"If it meant that I didn't confess to my mother and father that their baby girl got so drunk that she fell off a swing and cut her face open, then I would consider it," I tell her, watching the clear glass fill up with the white wine. 

I lift the glass, take a small sip, and let the wine flow down my throat. Once I am alone for a moment, the voice inside my head reminds me ever so quickly why I'm in Mia's house, drinking wine on a Tuesday night. 

Harry leaves tomorrow.

Never in a million years did I think there would be a day that Harry and I would be at a point in life where we are doing two separate things. I know Harry, and I are our own people, made very apparent in our relationship sometimes, but I mean that in the sense that I have absolutely no clue where Harry is or what he has been doing.

It hurts to think about this. There was a time when if I was in one place, you could place twenty dollars on the table and bet that Harry wasn't far behind or vice versa. That's something that's been on my mind a lot, the thought that ran in my head of Harry and I spending a life together. I had everything envisioned in my head, and some may call me crazy or foolish since Harry and I had only been together for less than a year, but when you know, you know.

"You doing alright in there?" I hear Mia shout, making me blink myself back into reality.

I grab my glass and walk back into the living room, nodding my head in her direction. I sit back on the couch, reaching over to place the glass on the table again.