Chapter 1: That Night

"When I met you in summer
To my heartbeat sound
We fell in love
As the leaves turn brown

We could be together now, baby
As long as skies are blue
You act so innocent now
But you lied so soon"

The music was loud, red cups everywhere, everyone is dancing. Yes this is a party, but not just any party. This one is for acapella singers only.

For the Bellas, this is a celebration. For our new member, Emily, or maybe because we're now signed in the world's.

Everyone here thinks I'm the happiest one, since we have a legacy in our group. Yes, I'm happy that we have Emily, but the truth is this isn't a celebration for me. Everytime I attend a party, I'm after the alcohol. It has been my escape for the past 3 years.

At Least for a moment I have no emotions. No love, pain, hatred or anything else. Just pure fun.

I took this chance to get wasted. I don't usually do, but I needed an escape once again. Yes, all I did feel was happiness. Until everything went black.

~•~

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" it's that stupid alarm again. "Stacie! Please turn the alarm off!" I hissed.

"I'm still sleeping! Do it yourself!"

I tried opening my eyes, but the only thing I can feel is my head aching. I tried standing up, but it was hard. Everything around me is spinning so I held on the small table beside my bed for balance. This is what I get for drinking too much.

I sucessfully walked up to Stacie's annoying alarm. I turned it off and checked the time. It's 10 am already.

What happened last night? I don't even remember how I got into my bed. I do wish I didn't do anything stupid last night.

I joined the girls downstairs with a coffee with me. Everyone except Stacie and Beca was here.

They talked about last night. Unfortunately, I couldn't join there talk since I literally can't remember anything.

Beca suddenly sat infront of me holding her phone. I was just staring at my coffee, ignoring the fact that Beca was looking at me once in a while. Like she's expecting me to start a conversation.

"Uhm, Chloe how's your head? You were really drunk last night." Beca finally said.

"Yeah, it kinda hurts." That's all I said. I can't really focus on anything at this moment.

"Uhm, about last night." Beca said awkwardly while reading my face.

I finally got in to my senses, and repeated a question in my head. What happened last night? I did something stupid, God.

I just gazed at her with confusion. She then frowned at the realization that I don't remember. I really hope I do. I don't like seeing Beca like this.

She then cracked a smile and said, "Oh you don't remember." She chuckled.

"You puked at my shirt last night"

"Really? I'm so sorry. I can't remember anything." I read her face and you can tell that she's disappointed. I may have puked at her last night, but that's not the only thing that happened.

"You know if you need to tell me something, I'll listen." Beca said, hoping that I would say something.

I didn't really understand what she meant, but I just nodded and smiled at her.

I never knew Beca has those words in her vocabulary. She's never the 'concerned one.' With Beca acting differently, I know something really serious happened last night.