The Animal

Spamton woke up as Ili gently nudged him and jolted in fear as he came face to face with Ili's reflective, animal-like eyes. "AH!! J-JEEZ- YOU [[scared me]]!!" Spamton laughed. Ili didn't respond. He just stared blankly at Spamton. "..." Ili remained silent and handed Spamton a plate with rice and curry and walked away, sitting in the seat across from him. Not a word was spoken.

Spamton stared with concern, putting the plate down and adjusting his glasses.
"... H-HUN...? [[sweet pea]]...? YOU... YOU ALRIGHT?" He asked with concern. Ili nodded blankly, eating his own plate of food silently.
"... ALRIGHT..." Spamton said, beginning to eat as well.

He briefly gazed up at Ili, whose animal-like eyes were clearly visible without his glasses on... his expression was completely blank, lacking any emotion. Spamton felt a deep sense of unease.

"... YOU'RE... ACTING [[really weird]]... ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE -"

"I am fine." Ili interrupted in a blank tone, Spamton just sat, taken aback. "... YOU... YOU"RE KINDA SC4RING ME, ILI...." Spamton said with an impulsive giggle, tapping his thigh nervously. "... I'm just a little tired." Ili responded, sighing.

"... A-ALRIGHT..." Spamton said quietly.

The two ate in silence for a long while until Spamton finally spoke up.
"... ILI... YOU'VE GOT A GOOD [[memory card]], RIGHT?" Spamton asked. "... I do, why?" Ili asked, curious. "... HOW DID WE MEET?" Spamton asked with a smile. Ili's expression softened a bit.

"... I think I can recall..."