Suck It Up, Ili.

As Ili stood in front of the stove cooking, his mind began to drift...

The battlefield alight with fire, he struggled to keep his composure and keep his mind affixed to reality, but the memories of that fateful day closed in further and further...

(POV: ILI, 1990...
THE BATTLE OF DARK)

The Russian man's boot upon your chest, pressing hard, pins you to the ground, slightly stifling your breathing. you hyperventilate, knowing the end is near, and it will be painful. An animalistic grin spreads across the man's face.

"How pathetic... Are they really recruiting children?" He speaks, his voice coarse through his thick accent. He traces your face with a gloved hand, and you whimper in fear. You never wanted to fight. They forced you to, you never wanted this. You gulp, desprate to survive this encounter.

"L-Let me go- please- I-I don't have anything useful - I just wanna go home -" you speak, your bottom lip quivering with fear, you choke back tears and struggle not to break out sobbing. As gunfire sounds above the trenches, the Russian man's expression darkens in a sick grin. "Nothing useful...?" He says, laughing a bit. You shake your head no.

"Very well then..." He says coldly...

You jolt in pain as a knife is plunged into your chest, and your sternum is pierced. The knife is yanked downward, flesh cutting smoothly as blood pours. You desperately try to shove the soldier off of you, but it's no use. He's much stronger than you.

His cold hand is thrust into the wound, you gasp in shock and begin to choke on your blood, and you struggle to breathe. "S-Stop-!!" you choke out, but it's no use.

Your soul is ripped from your chest, gripped tightly within the Russian soldier's hand.

Within moments, you feel a pressure, and an agonizing shock throughout your body.

Your soul shatters, glowing goo oozing down the soldiers' arm.

(POV: ILI, CURRENT TIME)

You shake your head and wince, turning the heat off on the stove. Tears streaming down your face. You try to keep your crying silent and move your lover to a seat.

He had fallen asleep whilst hugging you. You assure that he won't fall, and plate the food you made, a quiet sniffle escapes you.

"... I was only a kid... I was a fuckin kid- why me- what did I do to deserve that!?" You whisper aloud. You sink to your knees against the cupboards and begin to cry harder, struggling to stay silent.

You can't wake Spamton up... he's been through enough tonight, you don't want to pester him more.

... Pull yourself together, Ili.

That doesn't matter anymore.

It was in the past.

Get over it.