Confession Of Rediscovered Love

Spamton just waited for Ili to finish his call with the police, and overheard the police would investigate tomorrow. He sighed. It was late, but better than nothing...

He began to feel worn out after his panic attack and all the worry over that phone call.

After Ili hung up the phone, Spamton wandered back into the living room and flopped onto the couch. "You okay?" Ili asked, "I"M GOING TO [[bed]]..." Spamton said blankly. "Oh, um... about that."

Ili sat down on the arm of the couch, "I don't feel comfortable sleeping in a different room after... that." Ili nervously chuckled. "...ARE YOU [[suggestion]] WE [sleep] IN THE SAME [bed]??" Spamton asked, looking up. "Yeah, you'll fit." Ili said.

"...UM..." Spamton's face felt hot as he sat up. "...OKAY... I... DON"T [[mind that]]." He said with a nervous chuckle. The two headed to Ili's bedroom and curled up under the sheets of the bed.

Initially, the two stayed apart from eachother, not wanting to make eachother uncomfortable. But after a while, Spamton scooted closer to Ili and rested his head against Ili's arm awkwardly.

Ili gently wrapped his arms around Spamton and held him close. The two just lay under the sheets, cuddled close, the warmth from eachothers bodies comfortable, and yet....

"....ILI...?" Spamton asked quietly.

"What's up?" Ili responded.

"...WE... USED TO [[know]] EACHOTHER... D1DN"T WE...?" Spamton asked, looking up at Ili.

"Yeah, we were friends." Ili said blankly.

"...IS... THAT [[all we]] W3RE...?" Spamton asked with slight disappointment.

"...Why do you ask?" Ili looked down at Spamton, raising an eyebrow.

"...I..." Spamton looked off, his cheeks red. "...ILI... [[what are we]]....?" He asked, forlorn almost.

"...I don't know. I guess we're friends." Ili shrugged.

"...FRIENDS DONT [[call eachother cutesy names]]... TH-THEY DON"T... [loving embrace] EACHOTHER IN BED LIKE THIS....." Spamton said quietly.

"...We did kiss a few times back in the 90s, but... nothing ever really came of it." Ili said blankly, looking up at the ceiling.

"...The only real reason we never did anything further was just... I didn't want you to lose your job." Ili said, shrugging again.

"...DO YOU... TH1NK WE COULD EVER..." he paused, gently resting against Ili's chest as Ili's hand softly stroked his messy hair.

"...GIVE IT ANOTHER [[shot]]-?" Spamton asked.

"What, are you suggesting a date?" Ili asked with a sly, flirtatious smirk.

Spamton's whole face went red, sweat condensating on his forehead.

"..."

He leaned forward and quickly kissed Ili's cheek, then pulled away just as quickly, embarrassed.

Ili leaned forward and kissed Spamton back on the cheek slowly and passionately. The feeling of it was intoxicating to Spamton, who began purring like a cat, his cord-like tail wagging involuntarily.

Ili gently pulled away from the kiss, caressing Spamton's face within one paw.

"It's a date then."