The Broken Plate

[TW: Gore mention, Trauma, Spiraling, Mental breakdown, Brief description of dead body, Flashbacks.]

------------------------------------------------------------

(POINT OF VIEW: SPAMTON)

You tiredly come home after your meeting with your youngest sibling, Spark. You feel happy knowing that he's doing well, and you wander over to Ili's room, peeking inside.

He's asleep in the bed, snoring loudly. You smile happily. "He looks comfortable. Maybe I could do a bit of housecleaning while he's out... yeah! As a thanks for how nice he's been." You think with a smile, silently closing the door.

You go over to the kitchen sink and pause, realizing you aren't tall enough to reach anything.
You pause before dragging one of the chairs from the kitchen table over and getting up onto it.

You pull up your sleeves, turn on the sink, and begin washing dishes. "My brothers seem to be doing good too!" You think silently, the smile slowly fades. "... They all seem so much happier without me..." Your thoughts trail off.

You mindlessly continue the action of cleaning the dishes. "Maybe they were right... I was the problem..." You pause, gripping the plate in your hand a bit tighter. "I've always been the problem..." You grip the plate ever tighter. "I should've died in that fucking car crash... I should've just bled out. It would've been best for everyone..." You begin to tear up, the plate shaking in your grip.

"If I had just died, Flash would be okay, they all would..." he quietly thought. "It's my fault they died. It's my fault that File blasted his br-" Your thoughts are interrupted by the sound of shattering glass, the plate in your hand shatters from the pressure, one of the sharp pieces cut your palm. "AH- [$#!#]- [$#%@] WHAT HAVE I DONE-" You look at the broken plate in the sink

What have you done? How the fuck could you let that happen!?

You silently take note of the blood dripping down your palm, and even with your blurry vision the sight of it makes you feel nauseous. You begin fully crying, trying to keep your cool still. "I can fix it. I can fix it." You try to pick up the broken pieces and put them back together. Alas, it does nothing.

"I"M SO SORRY." You speak to the inanimate object.

You desperately try to scoop the pulpy viscera of a brain back into his blasted open face, your hands trembling. "PLEASE... PLEASE [[don't die on me]]... Y-YOU CAN"T.... PLEASE, FILE..."

As you try to put the plate back together, you break down crying. No matter how hard you try, you can't fix it. It's broken. And it's all your fault.

You sit in the chair and hug your knees to your chest, sobbing.
"I"M SORRY... I"M SORRY... I-I C4NT"T [[fix you]]... [[i'm so sorry... i'm so sorry... i'm so sorry...]]" You repeat over and over between sobs.

The kitchen light flicks on suddenly.

"..." Ili stares at you with concern.

"Honey? Are... you okay...?"