I promise.

Ili placed the trinkets into a jar on the kitchen counter, and they clanked quietly. "... Spamton, why is Mike so obsessed with you? What did you do?" Ili asked, looking at him with a genuinely confused expression. "... I"M THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS [[what he did]]..." Spamton reluctantly spoke.

"... HE"S PART OF A DRUG RING, AND HE [[kills]] THOSE WHO FIND OUT OR... [[oppose him]]..." Spamton said, uneasy. He nervously picked at the bandages on his right hand.

"I LOST [[four addisons have been found d-]] OF MY FRIENDS TO HIM... AND... HE [[blamed me!!]] FOR IT." Spamton said, squeezing his hand into a fist, trying to keep his cool as he spoke.

"... So that's what that whole rumor that you're a murderer came from." Ili said quietly, "I"M NOT!! I [[didn't do it!! i'm innocent!!!]]" Spamton panicked.

Ili placed a hand on his shoulder and gently rubbed it. "You're fine, I don't believe you're a murderer." Ili spoke softly, sitting next to Spamton on the ground.

"Calm down, okay? We need to get through this. I need to know what's going on." Ili said, gently hugging Spamton. "...A-ALRIGHT..." Spamton muttered. "... HE"S THE REASON I"M [[suspect is missing a leg]]... HE... TR1ED TO KILL ME TOO..." Spamton muttered, trying to keep calm but failing.

Ili gently moved Spamton close, allowing him to sit on his lap as he cuddled him and rubbed his back. "You're alright, okay?" Ili said quietly. "... This guy's a real fuckin' dickwad huh?" Ili spat angrily, his snout scrunched in anger. Spamton nodded.

"... Got a visual description of him?" Ili asked. Spamton hesitated before nodding. "...SHORT, A [[television]] FOR A [[head]]... BIG SMILE...." Spamton explained. "Wait- the guy on TV!?" Ili asked, Spamton nodded quietly.

"... How the fuck is this guy still on air...." Ili muttered. "MONEY." Spamton responded blankly. "... HE DESTROYED MY [[rapidly shrinking]] [ant sized] LIFE..." Spamton sobbed, burying his face in Ili's chest. Ili sighed, gently hugging Spamton again.

"It's not ruined, you... you can get it back... okay? You're gonna be okay... I promise..." Ili said quietly, rubbing Spamton's back. "... WHY ARE YOU SO NICE TO ME...?" Spamton asked, beginning to cry.
"Because I love you." Ili said softly.

Spamton stared at Ili, eyes watering a bit. Tears began to roll down his cheeks. "... WHY...?" He questioned, his voice breaking. "... You might not remember, but I've known you since back in '93, we... met at the old mail office..." Ili began.

"... Every time we meet, I... feel again. I feel something other than hatred and anger.... other than... empty." Ili said quietly, holding Spamton close.
"... I don't know what's so special about you but... I love you." Ili said, his voice full of emotion.

Spamton stared up at him, teary-eyed and noticably touched. He just rested his head against Ili's chest and sniffled, hugging him. Ili tightened his hug in response and rested his chin on Spamton's head as they cuddled.

The two just sat, cuddled up on the kitchen floor together. Ili just silently comforted Spamton as he cried, not a panic, but... just a release of pent-up emotion as the two cuddled.

"... I... [[love you]] TOO...." Spamton quietly said, sniffling.

Ili pat his head gently.

"... You're safe here, okay? I'm not goin' anywhere. And neither are you." Ili spoke reassuringly.

"...PROM1SE?" Spamton said, extending a pinky.

Ili paused, staring at him.

He linked pinkies with Spamton.

"I promise."