Chapter 12

No matter how much I tried, Caleb kept silent.

“It’s a surprise. I am not going to say another word.”

After taking a quick shower as ordered, I put on ruby-colored lose fitting trousers and a cream-colored blouse with three-quarter sleeves and a cute ruffled collar. As for my hair, I went for long beach waves that were pulled back on one side with a fancy silver clip the shape of the moon. Plain long silver earrings completed the look.

“You can wear those uncomfortable shoes of yours again, if you want to. We won’t have to walk far”, Caleb let me know before he slipped into the shower himself.

“They are called high heels”, I laughed, already having the perfect pair for my outfit in mind.

The cabin we went for was the very first house of the residential area. It was located on the edge of the forest and the wood was painted in a darker brown than the most cabins. The first floor consisted of an asymmetrical brick wall, the dark wood only covering the second floor and the roof.

A tall, handsome, blonde haired man approximately in his fifties welcomed us at the door. Unlike any other man I had seen in the pack so far, he was dressed in an elegant blue waistcoat with a matching tie, making him look like the perfect English gentlemen. The top of his crew cut was perfectly styled, and black glasses made him look even more sophisticated.

AlphaLuna”, he greeted us with the mandatory bow, “Please, come in!”

Zayn”, I whispered in awe.

Caleb looked at me confused; the stranger however flashed me a dashing smile.

“Well, actually his name is …”, Caleb started, while the man replied: „Chloé, if I am not mistaken.”

“How did you know?”, I asked surprised.

“The cut, the pattern of the ruffles and the material – I just took an educated guess.”

A werewolf interested in fashion? I couldn’t believe it! Now I knew why Caleb was so sure the both of us would click.

“Okay, what the hell are the both of you talking about?”, Caleb intercepted.

“Brand names”, I happily chirped, pointing at the small, elegant that was embroidered in the waistcoat of our host.

Caleb let out an audible sigh.

“Well, how about I formally introduce you first and we go in. Then, the both of you can talk about clothes all night long if you want to”, he suggested.

I blushed. Right, I didn’t even know his name!

“Gemma, this is Neil”, Caleb caught up on that.

“Hello, Neil. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“The pleasure is all mine, Luna.”

We shook hands and followed Neil into the dining room, where another man already awaited us. He was about the same age as Neil, had a broader, more muscular torso and was dressed rather casually in comparison, in a button-down light blue shirt and grey jeans that beautifully highlighted his caramel skin. His dark dreadlocked hair he had in a loose braid, his nose and ears pierced.