Chapter 5

It’s been exactly three weeks now since I was locked up in this goddamn gloomy basement room and the enforced idleness really started to get to me. I considered to sleep with Caleb just to escape my boredom, which of course was exactly what he wanted, and as much as I hated to admit it, Anni’s talk had given me food for my thoughts.

The bond between two mates is the greatest gift the moon goddess has bestowed upon us. Love, marriage, … all these human things pale in comparison. A mate is literally the other half of your soul. No one will ever understand you as he does. What could be more precious than that?

Her words and her honest blissful smile stuck with me and I couldn’t get rid of them, no matter how hard I tried. What if she was right? What if I actually missed out on something wonderful?

In the end, I came to the conclusion that things couldn’t possibly get any worse by now and my pride was shattered in pieces anyway, so I could as well just get it over with. Caleb obviously had no calms about letting me rot down here until I got old and grey, and the worst thing that could happen was that I wouldn’t enjoy doing it with him. Oh well, he wouldn’t be the first, so whatever.

When it was time for dinner, I welcomed Caleb with a challenging glare. He immediately knew something was up since for the last week, in addition to refuse to speak to him, I had deliberately refused to look at him as well.

“Fine, let’s get it over with”, I greeted him. “You won, congratulations! If I have to spend one more day in this cell, I´ll go bananas!”

“You are willing to mate me?”, he asked, open suspicion on his features.

“Mate you, have sex with you, do the chachacha … whatever you call it. As long as it gets me out of here, I am in.”

He let out a low growl, put the tray with my dinner on the ground and came up to the bed where I was sitting. To my surprise he went down on his knees in front of me and, looking up to me, softly put one hand on my cheek.

“I am sorry I have to force this on you, Gemma, I really am”, he apologized, a stern expression on his face as always. “I wish there was another way.”

“Less talking, more mating”, I replied. I didn’t care for his excuses. They changed nothing, so what use were they to me?

Next thing I knew, Caleb’s huge, muscled body lingered over me, his hands pinning mine down to the bed. His eyes had changed from their normal green to pure black – a greeting from his wolf. Slowly he lowered his head until his lips were on mine. Wasting no time, are we? Fine, let’s go for it!

The kiss was careful and tame at first but when I kissed him back, he got more daring, teasingly pressing his hard, big manhood against the sensitive center of my body. Then I was a goner. My skin tingled in gleeful anticipation while the pain between my legs grew with every passing second, longing for Caleb to finish what he started. I needed him inside of me, right now! No foreplay. No teasing. I needed him like I never needed anything in my life before. The fierceness of my desire should have frightened me, but it didn’t. It felt … right.

“You are so beautiful”, he murmured in my ear as we finally broke our kiss.

“I … please …”, was all I could get out. It surprised me that I was able to form words at all. My body burned, and I could only think about how good it would feel to have him inside of me. Good god, what was wrong with me? The guy was my kidnapper, for crying out loud!

Caleb softly chuckled against my skin.

“I know, my love … I feel the same.”

He shoved up the long white nightgown and pressed two fingers against my most sensitive parts, testing the water. I couldn’t help but let out a pleasured groan when he did so.