27: Surprise Part I

Song: Criminal- Britney Spears
Today and everyday, I will do anything for you
——————-

Miles's POV:

    It's been a few weeks since Jarred was put in the pin, and Kenzie and Kinsler have been people we've never seen before. They are always joking around, laughing, and acting like fools when we are in a store. It's refreshing to see them like this though.

     However, it is not refreshing that Kenzie 'forgot' to mention that today was her birthday, so that means while she's at work we are going to get her a few presents.

    "Are y'all ready? Kenzie will be here in five or six hours, and we need time to wrap and stuff." Dravon states, and we nod. "I'll tell the kids to get their shoes on then." He says, and goes to Kinsler's room.

    "What are you thinking of getting her?" Eli asks me, and I shrug.

     "I have no clue. She has everything yet nothing at the same time you know? And I want her gift to be memorable, and something she'll use." I explain to him, and he nods. "What are you getting her?" I ask him, and he shrugs.

    "Maybe a new MacBook or an iPad so she can draw like she's been saying she wants to." He says, and I nod. "I don't know though, because she might be mad like she was at Christmas." He reasons, and I nod again.

    "We'll figure it out." I assure him, and he nods.

    Dravon comes back to the living room with two hyper kids. "Let's go. Kinsler informed me that Kenzie's favorite cake is red velvet, that she would rather have us decorate it than a bakery, and what was that last thing Kinsler?" He asks, and Kinsler shakes his head no.

    "I told you. You can't tell them the last part. Kenzie will be mad." Kinsler states, and Dravon shrugs.

    "Kenzie has never had a birthday party. Every year she would tell her mom to save that money for something better." Dravon tells us, and I look at Kinsler for validation.

     He gives a small nod, and looks down. "Well, Kenzie is getting a party this year, and she won't know you told us, Kins. Well tell her we did it because it's her birthday." I promise, and Kinsler nods.

    "Let's go get decorations, cake, gifts, and whatever else we can think of." Dravon states, and we nod. He heads to the door with Jazzy on his back, and Eli squats down so Kinsler can get on his.

    "Giddy up piggy!" Kinsler exclaims, and Eli laughs.

    "You wish is my command!" Eli exclaims, and the two run out of the apartment. When they are out, I follow, and lock the door.

    We walk to my truck since it's the most spacious, and the kids get in followed by Dravon who sits in between them. Eli gets in the passenger seat, and I get in the driver's seat.

    "Where to first?" I ask, and Dravon pulls out his phone.

    "I'm looking for party places." He explains, and I nod. "Party city first. If we don't find everything we need then I'll look up other places." He says, and I nod again.

    I reverse out of the parking space, and Eli fiddles with the radio. I hand him my phone which he unlocks, and turns on music.