29: Babies Graduation

Song: Life Is A Highway- Rascal Flats
One day, you're a little kid graduating kindergarten. And the next, you're preparing for your high school graduation.
————————

Miles's POV:

It's been three months since Kenzie's surprise birthday, and as much as I hate to admit it that means graduation is in less than three weeks.

Today is the kid's graduation from kindergarten, and we all get blessed to watch them walk the stage for the first time.

"Bye. Have a great day, we will see you two at ten for your graduation!" I tell the two five year olds as they high-five me before getting out of my truck.

Somehow today I got stuck in drop off. Kenzie had to go to work early to see if she could take a two hour break to watch Kinsler and Jazzy graduate kindergarten, which is valid. Dravon didn't feel like waking up this morning, not a valid reason. And Eli said he had to do some extra credit shit, which just saying a lie I'm pretty sure.

"Will Kenzie be there?" Kinsler asks me, and I think of what to say. I can't lie to the kid, but I don't want to give him false hope.

"She's gonna try to be. I'm pretty sure she'll make it though. You know she wouldn't miss it for anything." I tell him, and he nods with a smile.

"Okay, well I'll see you later!" He says as he shuts my truck door, and runs towards the school.

Once I see that he and Jazzy are safely in the school, I pull out of the drop off area, and head back home.

When I pull into my parking space at the apartment, I see Eli's truck, and roll my eyes. He didn't have any extra credit. Because if he did, he wouldn't be here right now. I shrug it off and head into the building.

I make my way up the stairs, and to my apartment. When I unlock my door, I see Eli asleep on my couch.

"Elijah, wake up! We have things to do today!" I say as loudly as I can in his ear, and he jumps up.

"What the hell?! You could have been nicer about waking me up!" He exclaims, and I shrug. "What do we even have to do today?" He asks, I give him the 'you're kidding me right?' look, and he raises his eyebrows at me.

"We have the kid's graduation today! They are going into first grade, and we all promised to be there." I remind him, and he nods.

"So that means Kenzie will be there?" He asks, and I shrug. "What does that mean?" He asks me, and I shrug again.

"She went in early to try and get off for a couple hours, but she's supposed to let us know." I tell him, and he nods. "That also means, get your ass up, shower, change, and look presentable." I tell him, and he rolls his eyes.

"Yes mom." He mumbled as he gets up, and walks to the bathroom.

As he's doing whatever he's doing, I go across to Kenzie's apartment, and wake Dravon up the same way I did Eli. His reaction was basically the same.

"What the hell dude? I was getting up at nine to get ready for the kids thing." He says, and I roll my eyes. "I'm being for real!" He states, and I nod.