5: I Hate Group Projects

Song: Thoughts - Sasha Alex Sloan

And that's when she told hers;er "Stop being so weak. Grow up and get over it." And then she never felt again.
---------

Kenzie's POV:

      My whole day has consisted of my binging Supernatural, and as much as I love Dean and Sam, I am getting bored. I tried coloring earlier, and it didn't last long. I also tried reading the book I started last night, and that didn't last long either. I stop sulking about being bored when I hear the door open, I look up, and see my mom walking through the door. "Hey mom. How was your day?" I ask, and she smiles at me. Not one of those forced smiles that I am used to seeing, but a real smile that meets her eyes. 

      "It was good, not many people needed the nurse today, so it was a calm day. How was your day?" She asks, as she hands me a Manila folder. 

      "It was good, I watched Supernatural, tried to color and read the book I started last night, but it didn't last long." I tell her, and she nods. 

      "That is your work, and your psychology teacher emailed me. She said that you have a project that is due in two months. She also said that it is a group project, and that she had your group write down their numbers so you can work on it when you aren't there." She tells me.

      I register her words, and groan, "I hate group projects." She laughs. This lady laughs at me.
"Yeah, yeah. You need to get your work done before Monday morning, and make sure you at least text your group so you can start it." She tells me, and I nod. 

      I open the Manila folder, and flip through the pages. When I see a packet I pull it out. 'Psychology Project' it reads, and I flip through the pages, skimming about what the project is about, and finally on the last page I see who is in my group along with their phone numbers. 

Miles Holman- (555)***-1234
Dravon Brown- (555)***-1235
Elijah Castnada- (555)***-1236

      This cannot be happening right now. First they watch me like a whole bunch of creeps, and now I have to work with them for two months? No way this is real. This is going to be the death of me, if Jarred doesn't kill me first. 

      I don't personally know any of them, but the things I have heard make me stay away. So many rumors, about them being in a gang, being players- yet I have never seen them around any girls-, and that they are complete douches. I don't know if any of it is true, but in case it is I have always kept my distance. 

      "I know you are going to put it off, so text them now." My mom says,giving me her best ‘mom’ look. "If you don't, I will do it for you." She says, and I grumpily grab my phone that is sitting next to me and type all of their numbers in to make a group chat. 

Me: Hi, this is Kenzie. We are in the group together for psychology.

      Almost immediately, they respond one by one.

Miles: Hey Kenzie

Dravon: Sup

Elijah: How are you?

      I don't feel like answering any questions right now, so I skip over them.

Me: So have you guys thought of anything to do for the project?