26: Bye Bye

Song: Fuck You, Good Bye- The Kid LAROI, MGK
My dad hurt and broke me, before any boy could
——————-

Kenzie's POV:

    Today is the day, and no matter how tired I am. I am going to see the fucker get locked up for life.

    I clock out, say my goodbyes to the people I worked with tonight, and head to my car. As I walk to my car, I pull out my phone, and text the guys. I tell them that I'll be home no later than one, and that I'll let them know how it goes when I get home.

    Once I am at my car, I unlock it, get inside, lock it again, and pull my bag out from under the passenger seat. When I have the bag out, I pull out the dress that I had stuffed inside of it, and change into it really quick.

    If you ever need to put a dress on aim a  car, I ten out of ten, DO NOT recommend it.

    Once I have the dress on, and have it situated I turn my car on, and back out of the parking space. As I am driving out of the parking lot, I pray that he is found guilty, and that this chapter will be closed forever.

    After a short twenty minute drive, I am pulling into the parking lot of the courthouse. I let out a sigh, give myself a pep talk, and turn off my car. I slip on the vans I brought to go with my dress, get out of the car, and head into the courthouse.

    Once I am in the courthouse, I find my lawyer standing outside of the door. "Hey Kenzie, are you ready?" She asks, and I nod hesitantly. "You'll be fine, kid. He's got a weak lawyer, and you've got a good argument." She tells me, and I nod more confidently this time.

    She leans over to me, "Also this judge is the one who did your emancipation, so she's already on our side after seeing the video from the jail." She tells me, and I laugh a little.

    "That's actually comforting, and I'm just ready for all of this to be over." I say honestly, and she nods.

    My lawyer went through the same thing when she was fifteen, and the judge ruled her mother as not guilty. So she decided to become a lawyer to put bastards like Jarred away. If I must say myself, she's a badass lawyer. I watched some of her previous cases, and I swear she was going to make some of the men cry as she questioned them.

    "Case number 47589, the judge is ready." A guard announces, and my lawyer- Kelly Woods- motions for me to follow her.

    We get in the courtroom, and she tells me to sit next to her. I do as she says, and as I sit Jarred walks in with a smug look on his face. As if saying 'I've already won.' But I can't let him get in my head right now. I focus forward, and wait for the judge to walk in.

    "All rise." Another guard says, and we all stand. Judge Cassidy walks in, and gives me a tiny quick smile.

    "You may be seated." She says, and everyone sits. "How does the defendant plead?" She asks Jarred's lawyer, and he stands.

    "Not guilty, your honor. We're pleading insanity." He says, and sits back down.

    "Witness, please come to the stand." She says. I get up, and walk to the stand next to her. "Please state your name." She tells me, and I nod.