13: Remembered

Song: Happiest Year- Jaymes Young
We talked about old times, and it made me smile because it meant you never actually forgot.
-------

Miles's POV:

It's been a few days since that scumbag touched Kenzie, and she is a little shaken up about it still. The guys and I either take turns on who stays with her at night, or we all stay the night because she has nightmares from it.

Unfortunately, the nightmares are exactly what happened to her, and she describes them as she can't wake up, and that whenever we try to shake her awake she can feel him touch her wherever we do.

Mostly the shoulders and wrists, because she is either screaming to stop and is as stiff as a board, or she is fighting like hell trying to stop him.

As of yesterday, Jarred had gotten picked up at some motel he was staying at, and has been thrown in jail with possible charges of murder and child abuse. Along with anything else they can get him charged with.

To say Kenzie was happy, would be way under the clouds. She was over the moon times ten, when she got the call that he had been picked up. She immediately called us when she got the news, and we rushed home from school to celebrate with her.

These past few days, the guys and I have been going to school. When we get out we come to Kenzie's and work on the project. Surprisingly, we are the only ones in the class who are almost finished, and one of our partners hasn't been there.

It's a pretty big achievement for us, but we give all the praise to Kenzie for still getting her part done while she is going through hell.

"Miles are you listening?" Dravon asks, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Yeah. What's up again?" I ask, and he sighs.

"I was going to invite Kenzie and Kinsler out with us today. You know when we go to the park and get ice cream." He explains boredly to me, and I nod.

"Oh yeah. Go ask her." I tell him, and he nods.

"Why don't we both just go over there?" He asks, and I shrug.

"Let's go then." I tell him, and he gets up. We head over to Kenzie's apartment, and just walk in.

That's kind of a thing we all do to each other. I guess none of us ever learned how to knock.

"Hey guys." She greets us, glancing up from her computer. Sitting at the little table she had bought.

"Hey Kenz." Dravon and I greet her back. She is slowly building her house up, and we all praise her for it.

She has come a lot of ways in a week. She has money put back to get beds, couches, tvs, and whatever else they want for their house. While she keeps enough for gas, food, and anything else they might need.

Since the incident that happened at her work, her boss is giving her paid time off until that bastard is locked away.

Apparently Blake has made passes at other female workers before, and since nothing ever happened physically he basically got a slap on the wrist.

"So Kenz, we were wondering if you and Kinsler would want to go to the park and get ice cream with us. You know and hang out?" Dravon asks, and she shakes her head.