17: White Roses

Song: See You Again- Carrie Underwood
And life went on. It wasn't the same. But it went on.
——————-

Kenzie's POV:

    A few days ago, I got the call saying that my mom was ready for her burial.

    I explained to them that there is no one else to come to a service, so they agreed to bury her and just have Kinsler and I have our own little ceremony type thing.

    "Kinsler, are you ready?" I shout from my room, and he yells yes back.

    Once the funeral is out of the way, I plan to get us beds, and something to act as a dresser for our rooms. But for now, we are still sleeping on air mattresses in the living room.

    There's a knock on my bedroom door, so I make my way over to it and open it. "What's up Kinsler?" I ask, and he gives me a sad smile.

    "You look pretty Kenzie. Does this look okay?" Kinsler asks, and I nod with a smile.

  "You look dashing bug." I tell him, and she smiles.

    "Is it time to go?" He asks, and I nod.

    "Yeah." I tell him, and he nods leaving my room. I follow him shortly after, and then we head to my car.

    After a short drive to the cemetery we had picked, we get out, and go inside of the little cemetery house they have.

    "Hi, how can I help you kids today?" A middle aged lady asks, and I smile.

  "We are looking for where our mother was buried this morning." I explain, and she nods softly. She gets onto a computer, and asks me questions like my mothers name, and when she was buried.

    "Okay, if you want to follow me." She says, and starts walking towards the back of the ceremony house. When she stops at the door, there is a security man.

    "Mr. Tyler, can you please show these two to plot number 372?" She asks, and he nods.

  "Of course. Follow me kids." He says smiling at us. We follow the security outside. "So, are you two visiting family?" He asks, and I shake my head no.

   "No sir, we are kind of having our mom's service." I tell him, and he nods.

    I can tell he wants to ask, but he doesn't want to push the conversation any further. "It's just us two she had in her life." I explain, and he nods.

     "Well here we are. If you need anything, feel free to come back to the back door, and we'll help you in any way we need to." He tells us, and we nod.

    "Okay, thank you." I tell him, and he walks away.

    "Hi mom." I tell her, and tears start filling my eyes. "I know I haven't talked to you since it happened, but I'm glad you are finally at peace, and I am glad that we are all finally out of that house. I just wish you could be here with us to be in the new house." I tell her, and the tears are flowing now.

    "Here mom. We got you your favorite flowers." Kinsler tells her, and lays a bouquet of white roses on the freshly dug dirt. "I hope you like them. Will you say hi to meemee and pop-pop for me?" He asks, with his own tears flowing.