To Never Forgiving Ourselves

"Okay, Pip, we're literally almost there, so go change your pants. And bring a top or something, we're going to stores." Cara told her, ushering her back to the room.

"Okay, chill, Care-Bear! I'm going." She laughed, closing the door behind her as she slipped her pajama pants off.

Pip pulled her shorts on and grabbed a tank-top, slipping her flip-flops on.

She was in and out in seconds, Ravi grabbing her and lifting her off her feet, spinning her around with a kiss.

"What was that about?" She asked with a laugh, walking to the mini-fridge and grabbing a soda.

"Um, I just love you? And like, you're my fiancé, so,"

"Yes, I am your fiancé." Pip smiled up at him and kissed him once, watching his eyes shift.

"Oh, wow, the view is gorgeous." Nat whispered, watching the sky and it's dark shade of blue, melting into the ocean before them.

Ravi took Pip's hand, squeezing once and turning his head to face her.

"I'll race you,"

"Ravi, that's not a good idea. My legs really hurt, and..." she was off. Pip had slipped her hand from Ravi's and ran hard through the sand, against the wind.

Ravi shouted as she ran, hurrying after her, Naomi following, and Cara following her, and Nat following them all.

Pip laughed as she rolled onto her knees and into the ocean, holding her breath as she was pulled under by the waves.

Ravi ran in after her, laughing as she pulled herself out of the water and held onto his shoulders.

He lifted her off her feet, cradling her in his arms bridal-style, running just a bit deeper into the ocean and whispering into her ear, "Hey, brace yourself, Sarge."

She screamed as he threw her into the water, laughing as she resurfaced, running her hands through her hair.

"Jeez, it's cold." She whispered as she turned onto her back, floating, watching the sky and its clouds.

"It's nice, though," Ravi said quietly, disappearing into the water and disappearing from a specific hurt that hid in a far corner of his mind.

They weren't sure how they had enough stamina to get so far, but they had swam far enough away to float, and to talk.

There they both lay on their backs, cradled by the waves and by the water, rocking just barely.

"I miss him." Ravi whispered to Pip, to the waves, and to the sky.

"I know. If I could bring him back for you, I would." Pip whispered to Ravi, the waves and the sky urging her on.

"Sometimes I wonder if I could've done something different. Like, maybe if I did something more, he'd still be here."

"I get that," she said with the smallest nod, a wave pushing her back. "I wonder that a lot, too."

"There's no changing the past, though."

"Yeah, and that's okay. Even if we never forgive ourselves."

"Right. To never forgiving ourselves," Ravi pulled himself right-side up, bobbing in the water as Pip did the same.

She laughed softly and nodded. "To never forgiving ourselves. Jeez, that's really sad."

"Well, that's okay."

"Yeah, it's okay."

"We're okay."

They smiled at each other, their matching dimples a hidden reminder of their eternal link to each other.