Anything For You

The drive to the Singh's house wasn't long, in fact, to Pip, it was just long enough.

Enough time for a few deep breaths, enough time to fix her hair, enough time to admire Ravi's simple beauty.

Again, the evening sun shining on his skin. And, wow, that side profile - maybe Pip had a thing for jawlines, or was it just Ravi?

The entirety of the drive - after Pip fixed what needed fixing - was spent with Pip admiring her boyfriend.

No, he was her fiancé, now.

That was a sweet thought for her to have, to hold on to. To live off of.

"I can see you staring at me, perv."

"Hey! We're engaged," she reminded him for the umpteenth time that evening, "and you're gorgeous. I reclaim my staring rights."

"I'm jealous. I want to stare at you,"

"Creep. And if you stared at me, you'd crash the car."

He laughed, pulling up outside his parent's house and parking the car. Pip unbuckled, moving to open her door, but Ravi stopped her.

"No, Pip. If I don't open the door for you, I've done something wrong. Stay put, my dear." He smiled at her as he got out and rounded to her side, helping her out.

"Thank you, Ravi."

"Anything for you," he told her, pulling her hips against him for a gentle kiss. "Shall we?"

"We shall, my darling Ravi." She told him, linking their arms as they walked through the gate - the one that children used to touch as a dare - and up the path, past the windows that lived with the memories of being smashed by rocks. Oh, how times change.

Pip knocked on the door gently, a smile on her face as she stared up at Ravi, now towering at six feet tall - a whole three inches taller! Pip had once exclaimed; measuring him on the wall her parents had measure her height on as a child.

Mohan and Nisha opened the door with kind smiles, ushering the couple inside with hushed whispers as they sat in the living room.

"Tell us the news, kids," Nisha insisted with a smile, reaching out for Pip's fingertips with a smile.

"Well, mom, dad -"

"Let me take a picture of you two, first." His mother interrupted, grabbing her phone as Pip and Ravi posed themselves for her photo, whispering to each other as they did.

"You told them, didn't you?" Pip asked, skeptical.

"Yep."

She laughed softly, pulling closer to Ravi as he left his arm around her shoulder.

"Right, so, mom and dad, Pip and I got engaged last night." Ravi told them sincerely, a grin on his lips - oh, those lips that Pip loved.

"It was so romantic," Pip told them. "Really, the restaurant he took me to was absolutely gorgeous. Nothing could've been better." She smiled, taking Ravi's hand. "I think...I think it might've been the best night of my life, actually." She said, more so to Ravi than to his parents.

He smiled down at her, finding that golden glow in her green eyes and pressing a kiss to her temple - The tape started here. Or ended? It ended here, I think. - Ravi was so proud of her, of his girl.

His Sarge.

"Well, would you two like anything to eat, or something to drink? We have wine," Mohan offered with a smile.

"Dad, Pip's nineteen." Ravi reminded him with a confused quaver in his voice.

She shot him a glare; and then a pout, her lower lip puffed out.