𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄, loss of arms

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE. . .
. . .LOSS OF ARMS !

┄﹒ERITY, DENJI, AND BEAM CONTINUED THEIR RUN THROUGHOUT THE BUILDING

┄﹒ERITY, DENJI, AND BEAM CONTINUED THEIR RUN THROUGHOUT THE BUILDING. dodging the bodies of dolls on the way through in order to not fall.

"hey, should i bust out the chainsaws just in case?!" denji looked to his side to see erity and beam.

the girl looked back at him, her mouth falling into a small frown. "don't think about that right now! we just need to get out of here, i'll do something if it comes down to it." she reassures him— giving his hand a soft squeeze.

their hands had remained together through the run, neither of them had wanted to let go in fear of being separated as soon as it happened. so they did their best on staying close together, slowing down if needed.

"yeah! lord chainsaw! save your blood!" beam replied to denji's question, not looking over at him.

but beam went tumbling to the floor as he lost his footing, his body rolling over a couple of times.

"c'mon, you klutz!" denji and erity came to a stop, the former's eyes widening as he felt a sudden surge of pain in his foot. "ow...!!" both of them looked down to see a nail protruding from the top of his foot, erity's jaw dropped as she let go of his hand, crouching down to try and look. "yikes, i stepped on a nail!"

"denj... try to sit down real quick, i'll see if i can do something..." erity gestured for him to sit on the floor beside her.

"zero!" denji began to float towards the ceiling suddenly, looking down with a confused expression.

"whoa!" the blond exclaimed as he went higher, the two who still stood on the ground looked up at him.

"lord chainsaw?!"

erity tried to jump and reach for him but to no avail. "denji! can you control it at all?!"

her question was quickly answered by his alarming words and changing expression. "huh?! i think something's got me!"

"what???!" she became even more worried, trying to reach for him again. wanting him back in her reach.

"i can't move!!" he only made her worry even more, his body becoming stiff in the air. "what the- my body's movin' into a crucifix position!" as soon as his final words left his mouth blood began to pour from it. his mouth opening wide and his eyes rolling back, and all erity could do was watch in horror.

she watched as his body fell back towards her and she caught him the best she could, holding his head close to her chest as she tried to shake him awake.

beam crawled over to the pair, the devilman was also confused. seeing denji there was blood pooling out of his mouth and onto the girl who held him so close.

they didn't even have time to process a body standing from the side of erity, swiftly kicking the shark devilman before bringing his leg back and onto the girl.

her body fell back onto the floor, denji's body now on top of hers. blood beginning to soak through her shirt, her hands remaining on his body. keeping him close even in her unconscious state.

༺♰༻

the next time erity awoke was due to aki shaking her gently by her shoulder. she slowly opened her eyes and looked at aki— her brows furrowing.

"denj...?" her voice held a rasp.

aki gestured to her side and she turned her head to look in that direction, seeing denji laying there with a chainsaw coming part way out of his head.

"does he not have enough blood?" she asked the male, her eyes were softer now that she was looking at him. "i could... give him some blood..."

he shook his head at her, letting out a sigh. "no, erity. keep your blood for yourself, besides, you only just now woke up. take it easy."

"not my blood... i can get him some extra, probably." erity spoke quietly.

"what? how?"

she let out a quiet sigh, her hands intertwining on her lap nervously. "i haven't had the time to properly mention it, but it's something i can do... through zan."

aki eyed the girl with a careful look, trying to read her current emotion— but it proved futile. "does it come with any consequences?"

she didn't want to answer him when he asked that, she began to wish she never had brought it up. "it's not the time to talk about it." was all she said. closing her eyes and trying to occupy her mind, though she reached out a hand to denji even if he couldn't reciprocate it.

"it's here... the darkness devil..."

one of the many doors from above suddenly swung open without a sound. everyone watched as a drop of darkness fell onto the grassy plains below— a dark figure growing in its place.

"don't go near that." the sudden voice of zankoku scared her once again.

she almost rolled her eyes at his sudden appearance once more. the on and off again return of him— only to disappear soon after.

"we're gonna have a talk later, zankoku. don't disappear like you have been." the girl grit her teeth but kept her eyes ahead of her, watching the figure from afar.

then the site in front of them changed in an instant— a row of, what looked to be, astronauts buried halfway into the ground; and only for their legs to be in front of them facing up.

but a croak echoed and just like that it triggered a reaction from the darkness devil. its movements were quick. appearing in the middle of everyone along with the arms of everyone being severed from their body.

erity winced at the sharp pain that pulsated from where her arms once were. she, much like everyone else, looked to the place where her arms once were. not paying attention to the male who kneeled in front of the darkness devil.

"i am the doll devil. i've brought you chainsaw's heart as per the contract." the male looked behind him to see denji aimlessly staring above. "please give me... the power to kill makima."

this had caused a reaction from denji— he moved his head to face the doll devil, shock painted across his expression. "wuhh... what the hell... are you talking about...?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
APR. 22ND, 2023 — MAY. 27TH, 2023

am so sorry, ive just been so out of it when it comes to writing lately but schools almost out so ill have even more time coming up !!

AND THANK U SO MUCH FOR 20k OSKENDN.