𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗, power's glory

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX. . .
. . .POWER'S GLORY !

┄﹒IT WAS ANOTHER DAY OF PATROLLING THE CITY AND HAVING DENJI'S PERSONAL SECURITY HANGING AROUND

┄﹒IT WAS ANOTHER DAY OF PATROLLING THE CITY AND HAVING DENJI'S PERSONAL SECURITY HANGING AROUND. erity didn't seem to mind as much anymore since she had thana there, and the occasional normal moments were good enough for her.

and even during this weird moment of having security for denji, they got closer.

erity walked in between denji and thana with a relaxed stance, much similar to denji's. her eyes wandering everywhere but in front of her. trusting everyone else to tell her when to move or turn.

she felt the sudden nudge on her arm from denji, following his eyes towards the group of three waiting for them. three familiar people stood there, violence waving at them all. erity noticed the bandage wrapped around kurose's head and the distance look in his face, a small frown spread across her lips.

"kurose. it's been a while... we heard what happened to tendo and subaru..." aki gave him condolences before anything else was said. "you don't need to push yourself to join this mission. that's the word from ms. makima. i agree with her. you ought to rest and recuperate."

the male started at aki before bowing slightly, his hands held in front of him. "i begged higashiyama and her buddy to help me slip out of the hospital to be here. i want to avenge my friends. i have to. please!"

erity frown grew even more at hearing his words, her empathy for him growing. "i'm very sorry that happened to you." she softly spoke, standing next to aki with her now neutral face. "please let me assist you if need be." kurose nodded at her in return, taking in her offer and kind gestures.

it took a few minutes of silence before anything else was said, erity noticed how power disappeared somewhere with kobeni. at least power was with someone.

"blondie there, is he chainsaw then?" kurose suddenly spoke up, his previous mood changing.

"yeah, so what if i am?" denji smugly responded.

"i'm a pro too. i won't hold you back. would you let me help you with this mission? put 'er here?" kurose held out his hand towards denji.

"i don't wanna touch some dude's hand."

"denji!" aki quickly intervened, practically forcing denji to go along with him.

denji reluctantly joined his opposite hand with kurose's, his hand limp against his. "nice to meet you. i'll protect you. enough for tendo and subaru too." kurose assured, before a car suddenly hit the two.

aki quickly held out an arm towards erity and angel, blocking the two of them from being hit.

the kimura female mouth went agape once seeing their bodies the way they landed. denji on the concrete with blood pooling out his mouth, and kurose leaned against a metal fence— blood covering the fence behind his head.

she moved away from aki's side and to denji first, her priority was him. though she knew he'd be fine, she still couldn't help but worry for him. her knees hit the concrete floor near his head. the pants she wore would probably be ruined, but she didn't care.

"can you move, denj?" erity softly spoke, her hand lightly resting on his nearby arm. she received a nod from the blond which made her smile, not moving her hand.

"his face changed!" aki said aloud, looking at where kurose was sitting— or what was him.

"i know this face..." tamaoki leaned down onto his lower legs. "this is a devil hunter who moonlights as a hitman in america. he's one of three brothers. they have a contract with a skin devil. as far as i know, they can steal the appearances of corpses they've touched..."

aki sighed before looking at power, whose expression quickly turned cheeky. "i knew it! looks like i was the only one who saw the enemy's disguise! the glory is mine! all mine!" she suddenly hugged denji, the boy groaning in pain.

erity chuckled slightly. "congratulations, power... you've done more than us, but how about we get you driving lessons or something..."

"three brothers have that contract. that leaves two more. they could have already replaced any of us." hirofumi announced, his hands shoved into his pockets.

kusakabe stepped forward, "we'll show each other our devils to verify our identities. let's move somewhere quiet."

listening to the order coming from kusakabe, erity wrapped denji's arm around her. assisting the boy with walking while he slowly healed, and even when he did they didn't let go completely.

the two of them still remained physically connected, following after the group with power on denji's other side. the blood fiend happily mumbling about killing the enemy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MAR. 11TH, 2023 — APR. 9TH, 2023

ok so, i'm sorry that this chapter took forever to publish i've just been sorta busy irl but here you go! i'm trying not to let it happen again, especially with this book, i've just done so much writing and solely focusing on it i lost some interest but it's coming back! working on other books has helped to say the least(: