𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, sweet sixteen

( XVII. sweet sixteen )

    a day after the whole puke filled kiss incident happened everything was normal again, even between himeno and denji

a day after the whole puke filled kiss incident happened everything was normal again, even between himeno and denji. the two had come back to their apartment early and suggested to go out for lunch after figuring out what day it was.

somehow they had figured out that it was erity's birthday, but it made the girl happy to know that someone cared. she never received that type of thing from her parents, so this was a nice feeling.

the group of five were sat at a table inside of a ramen shop, erity being the one to decide the place. she was content with just ramen as a birthday lunch.

"seriously guys, thanks so much for this." erity exclaimed to the group once more, a bright smile on her face. a genuine smile, one that denji admired on the girl. "i don't know what i'd do without you."

power gave erity a grin and with a full mouth she pointed at her, "now you owe me!" erity just nodded at the blood fiend, already knowing how she was.

denji watched as she continued to smile as she ate her bowl of ramen, the smile seemed permanent and her body radiated happiness.

"happy birthday eri!" denji repeated himself for the hundredth time that day since finding out. he wanted to make sure her day was the best and telling her happy birthday over and over again seemed viable.

silence fell over the table as they all chewed their food properly and enjoyed the still warm food, everything was peaceful.

"what was that sound..." denji mumbled aloud with a full mouth, looking in the direction of the windows, a curious expression on his face.

power chuckled, "only an idiot wouldn't know that... it's the sound of a drum."

"a festival...?" aki took his guess, though he sounded unsure of himself.

"someone definitely knows it's my birthday!" the grey eyed girl joked before going for another bite, filling her mouth with the delicious noodles.

"hey, did you two really not mate last night?" power suddenly questioned himeno and denji, an almost accusatory tone to her voice.

himeno simply smiled in power's direction. "denji's surprisingly gentlemanly!" though she discreetly looked in aki's direction, hoping that he would look back at her or at least give a reaction, but he never did.

with a blank face, he just carried on eating while listening to their conversation, not caring enough to interject.

"i never thought i'd make it to sixteen..." erity let out with a quiet voice before looking up at them all, sweetly. "i'm grateful we're all here, together." she gave aki a look, "even if you would rather not be." she teased.