𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎, cherry bomb

( XXII. cherry bomb )

    angel and erity stood on the sidelines watching aki from afar, leaning against the wall in boredom

angel and erity stood on the sidelines watching aki from afar, leaning against the wall in boredom. angel more than erity, at least she could enjoy herself slightly. the pair could hear the conversation from where they stood, talk about the guy, who invited aki, wanting him to join them back in division 2; maybe he would be happier there than their special division... erity couldn't help but wonder.

the three were walking down the hallway in order to leave the building, a long hallway it was. this time angel was in the middle, and erity was happy about that.

"hey, why didn't you tell them you'd already be dead in 5 years." angel asked the taller male, looking up at him.

he gave angel the side eye, "...who'd you hear that from?"

"power." both angel and power spoke at the same time, the latter looking down at the ground with an unreadable expression on her face.

"that piece of shit..." aki cursed the blood fiend, "you don't go telling anyone either."

"so lucky." angel blankly said, "i want to die soon too. because as long as you're alive, you have to keep putting in effort. once you die, you don't have to try anymore..."

erity remained silent as they exchanged their words of death, she felt as if she had no room in their conversation. especially since the girl had yet to tell anyone about her shortened life, aki especially. he would be the most difficult to tell, and after recent events she found no time to have a heart to heart talk with him.

"aki!" the guy from before called out. "come down! right now!"

and so they all followed the man, erity and angel having no choice. they weren't expecting to see the bloodied mess in front of the opened doorway. beam's bruised and bloodied body holding onto a beaten denji in his arms, erity was quick to rush over to them.

sliding over to them halfway on her knees, not caring about the dirty floor or even the blood that they spread around.

"he was at the entrance moaning that he was part of the special division."

"beam! denji!" erity cried out in worry, quickly snatching the blond from the beam's arms, as gently as she could. "oh god... denji can you say something to me?" the girl was panicking.

"denji... did a devil get to him?" aki got down on a knee to speak to beam, his eyes moving from the shark devilman to denji.

beam groaned, "bomb coming...! bomb... gun devil's ...partner!"