𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘, the sight of an angel

( XX. the sight of an angel )

    a day or two had passed and that was enough time for erity to recover

a day or two had passed and that was enough time for erity to recover. the girl had done as aki said and called him once she figured out that they were releasing her, asking for him to pick her up soon. which he complied too and didn't take long to get there.

erity could tell something felt different about him, but she wasn't sure on what. she just got a weird new feeling from the male and she couldn't place her finger on it, it wasn't anything physical that she could just easily point out anyway.

the girl sat in the back seat with aki, feeling awkward. she didn't know the two people who sat in the front seats, they were unknown to her, but it seemed like aki was comfortable with them at least.

she looked at the dark haired boy, a curious glint in her eyes, which he quickly noticed.

"eri?" he called out to her, wondering why she was just staring at him all of a sudden.

she leaned closer slightly, squinting her eyes. "there's something different about you." she voiced her thoughts, lifting a hand to point at him. "but i can't tell what it is..."

"devil."

her eyebrows raised which confused aki even more, "you have... a new devil?"

"how'd you figure it out?" aki knew it had to have been zankoku, otherwise how else would the girl notice so quickly. "zankoku?"

erity answered with a nod, looking away from aki and out the window. "where are we going now? you never said anything and plus these other people..." she quietly pointed out the front seat people, trying not to catch their attention.

eventually the car came to a stop on the side of the road, meaning that it was time for aki and erity to get out.

"thank you for the guidance." aki said before closing the car door, following after erity, who began to walk ahead of him.

"you piss me off, but i'll cheer you on! and i'll leave you with this!" erity didn't see what happened, but she looked back slightly to see what was going on. "there aren't any normal people in the special division so watch out!"

the two males looked at each other for a minute, before the scarred one broke their eye contact first. going back into the car and taking off, the girl driving away.

aki watched them drive off before turning to face the shorter girl again, "you have any idea what we're about to get into?" erity shook her head. "well, just try to stick close to me. don't follow after denji or power, they're idiots."