𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, a promised kiss on the cheek

( VIII. a promised kiss on the cheek )

    "a devil extermination request for the bureau

"a devil extermination request for the bureau. a devil was spotted inside hotel morin. the status of the guests at this hotel is unknown. several of the private devil hunters who responded to the request first have been killed. there's movements from the gun devil's fragments. most likely, it's a devil that has consumed a fragment as well. dispatching seven people from public safety's anti-devil special 4th division."

the group of seven stood in front of hotel morin. everyone was either off in their own world or separated into their own groups automatically, some knowing others and some not.

erity stood in between power and denji, as per usual. her body keeping the two from their, sometimes, physical altercations, and acting as a barrier; even if they could just reach or push her aside.

"the devil is hiding somewhere inside this hotel, and not your average devil, either." aki informed the group behind him as he held a string attached to a gun fragment, which seemed to be attracted to the building. "the gun devil's fragment is being drawn to it. that means it's a devil that has eaten a fragment."

"isn't that supposed to mean the gun devil's here?" denji asked with a clearly bored tone, leaning into erity's side with his arm on her shoulder.

aki sighed, "the larger the fragment, the stronger the attraction. this is too small fir that."

"that seems cool! gimme it!"

erity nudged both of their sides, "at least pretend to be a bit respectful.. it's not that difficult." the girl was annoyed by their lack of respect for the one who took care of them, even though it wasn't a big deal. just something for her to get annoyed at.

the older male looked back at the trio who all began to bicker with each other. light shoves and quiet words were passed around the three of them, and he deeply sighed, not believing it. "where are your manners?"

the three of them stopped and looked at aki with a confused look, all of them processing his question.

"i have more manners than these two combined." erity crossed her arms and stuck her tongue out.

power looked at the girl and punched her arm, more hard than all the others but not enough to bruise her. she was kind enough for that.

"if you did injure me zan wouldn't be happy with you." the girl visibly shuddered due to all of the nonsense that the devil was spewing inside her head. "he won't shut up now!"

"can i see him?" denji asked with a hopeful look, but was quickly shut down by the shake of her head.

"no... he doesn't like to come out in front of others. eventually you'll see him though." she shrugged and looked back to aki, who just stood there with an annoyed look at their blatant conversation that ignored him.