𝐎𝐍𝐄, the nameless devil

( I.  the nameless devil )

    she sat motionless on her knees in front empty wall, her eyes fixated on something that was there

she sat motionless on her knees in front empty wall, her eyes fixated on something that was there. even if most people couldn't see it right away, it was there.

a nameless devil.

the devil that kept erity company throughout her childhood for some strange reason. it was always there with her. either watching her from the shadows or even talking to her at times. she knew that it was a devil, but she considered it to be her guardian angel.

"...why did it happen?" her tone was almost lifeless, as if she wasn't there anymore. "please, tell.. me..."

the devil remained silent and only stared back at the disheveled girl. it's pure black eyes staring back into her eyes, a small frown was present on it's face. the same as always.

"are you... just going to stay silent as always?" erity spoke up though her head dropped, now staring down at her lap. the splotches of red substance stained on her legs, as well as her hands.

"do you wish to make a contract with me?" the devil's voice was sudden, yet it made the girl happy to hear, nonetheless.

erity looked back up to it's face that was halfway outside the wall, yet it was visible to her completely. she stared with a confused look, not understanding the meaning of a contract. "what is a contract..?"

the nameless devil stared at her for a moment more. "if you wish to make a contract with me, it would help you greatly. with my contract, you could prevent the pain of the ones you love."

the girl's expression shifted into one of curiosity, her eyebrows raised at the words of the devil. "does that mean... my parents-"

"no." it quickly responded, wrecking the girl's hope. "it is too late for them. it only works for those who are still alive."

she nodded. "okay... but who am i to love now? everyone is dead. i know of no one else other than my parents.."

"if you accept this offer, i will bring you to more people." the devil made another offer. "better people than your parents."

"better?" it made a sound in agreement. "you would really do that for me?" erity's voice slightly cracked, her emotions running high once again.

"yes. even if it is far beyond what i usually do. for you, erity, i make an exception."

"by why me? what have i done for this?"

"i will tell you later.. do you accept?" the devil asked once more.

"i...." her voice went quiet for a moment, her jaw slightly slacked as her thoughts ran wild. a contract with a devil.. "i accept." a small smile appeared on the girl's face towards the devil.

her smaller body stood from the previous spot on the bloodied floor. her arms outstretching at the shadows that concealed the devil, and slowly the shadows covered her body. accepting her into it's warmth and in return giving her the mark of their contract.

    "-erity" hearing her name being called out, she finally opened her eyes. not realizing that she was spaced out the whole time. "finally.. i've been calling your name for a while now."

erity looked to her left to see aki standing there impatiently and already wearing his suit, which brought some confusion to her. "what time is it?"

"it's about time we leave and you still aren't ready.. what were you think about this time?" he questioned, his previous annoyance fading away as he sighed.

she shrugged simply, "ya' know.. just some random memory." she smiled at the dark haired male, even if he wouldn't return her affection. she did it anyway.

he picked up her plate and cup and began to head back to the kitchen in order to wash them, but looking back at the girl before leaving her sight. "hurry and get dressed or i'm leaving you again."

"okay!" she exclaimed and walked towards where she set her clothes out, quickly heading into the room and changing.

the way she presented herself was no different from any other day; her shirt was neatly tucked into her pants, which was about the most normal thing.. her black tie loosely rested around her neck, along with her blazer falling off her shoulders halfway.

erity left her hair down and off her shoulders, making the mark on her neck visible for everyone to see but she didn't care about that. she's pretty proud of the mark.

checking if everything looked right one more time, she nodded to herself, happy about her appearance. "thank you, zan." eri whispered, smiling at her reflection once she sees the shadow of him standing there.

"erity, we need to go. makima called us in early." aki spoke through the door with a stern tone, even knocking twice to get her moving.

"yeah, yeah, i'm coming out." she groaned but followed aki out the door and to their work place. "why does she want us there this early anyway? she hardly does this."

aki shrugged his shoulders, "i don't know."

she gave him a simple 'okay' and walked past him out the door, leaning against the wall outside with her eyes closed. she only opened her eyes when she felt the presence of him by her.

"you're out?" she was surprised to see him standing beside her out of nowhere. she watched him nod, and move her head to be closer to him. "what's the reason?"

"i have no reason." he stated and began to walk away once aki locked the door, not bothering to wait for the pair. typical behavior of him.

"why's he out?" aki asked once noticed the devil that erity was contracted with walking around freely.

erity just gave him a blank look, "he didn't say why.. he'll go back soon, so just ignore him till then i guess." she nudged aki's shoulder before running ahead to catch up with zankoku.

eyeing the mark that was visible on her neck until he eventually looked away, slowly catching up with the two in front.

ꗃ ──────────── ❥
nov. 12th, 2022
nov. 22nd, 2022 (published)

writing this chapter wayy ahead of time
because i simply love what i have
planned for this! buttttt should be edited by time i release this.