𝐓𝐖𝐎, blind to the scene

( IIblind go the scene )

both erity and aki eventually made it to devil hunters tokyo headquarters, walking straight to makima's office without a word

only difference is that zankoku had gone back. no longer walking next to the blue haired girl and her companion.

the pair stood in front of makima's desk, though keeping their distance.

aki stood straight up with probably the best posture that erity had ever seen. his arms held behind his back with a blank expression.

while she was slightly slouched with her posture but making the effort to try and stand straight. her arms remained at her side as they stood there... waiting.

makima had been waiting in the room with them but she didn't make conversation, and only gazed at the pair in front of her. it was an awkward moment, to say the least.

luckily the door had opened and created some long over due noise inside the room, erity would have sighed in relief if she didn't notice makima looking at her.

the girl turned her head to see who created the noise and watched as the boy walk up next to her right. erity being in the middle of him and aki.

he also turned his head to the side to look at the two there before him. catching erity's gaze in the process, to which she gave a quick small smile before looking back forward.

"his name is hayakawa aki, he's been here for three years now." makima gestured towards the taller male, "and she is kimura erity, her time here has been close to year. today, you'll go with them."

"...but wasn't i gonna work with you?" the blond boy spoke out in confusion, looking at the red haired woman in front of him.

"obviously not." aki stated the obvious. "you aren't even close to her level. come on, we're patrolling." he grabbed onto the back of the boys shirt, dragging him along. he expected erity to just follow them, which she did since she had no choice.

the boy called out to makima, not wanting to leave with aki and erity. the woman leaned down to get close to his face, "if you do your job well, we can work together, so do your best."

which clearly excited the boy. erity noticed his change in mood, following the pair ahead of him.

    the trio walked the busy streets of tokyo, no destination in mind since they were just patrolling the area. the blond boy, known now as denji, lagged behind.

"hey buddy, ya know if makima as a boyfriend?" denji asked, mainly towards aki but was open to erity answering as well.

the girl simply shrugged, looking at the boy slightly behind her. "she's never told us anything like that.."

aki ignored their short lived conversation, "come here for a minute." he led them to a random alleyway on the side of the road.

telling erity to stick to the side farther away from them. the girl tilted her head but followed his order anyway, she had no choice.

she could sense zankoku come out again, seeing his shadow appear in hers. "twice today! any reason?" the girl asked with her full attention on the devil, not noticing the fight going on in front of her.

zankoku shook his head, "just felt like it." he spoke with such simplicity, but it made erity smile whenever he did talk. "what's got you in a happy mood?"

"mmm..." the girl thought to herself and tapped her chin in thought, "just talking to you, i guess! you know you're like.. one of my favorite people right?"

"people?"

she huffed, "you know what i mean..." she pouted slightly. "it might be weird to say this, but sometimes i think about.. what if you were like, an actual person?"

"and why would you think that?" he finally looked at her. tearing his eyes away from the still ongoing fight between aki and denji.

"not sure." she shrugged and ended the conversation, not wanting to go on further with her thoughts.

"shit."

and that was when she finally noticed the scene in front of her, her jaw dropping once she sees aki pass out. "...what?"

it was silent. erity lifted her head to look at the blond, which he happened to do at the same time.

"did you just?" she gestured towards the body on the ground. his hesitant nod confused her even more on how it happened. "how the hell did i miss that..."

denji shrugged, "so.. can you help me carry him?"

"yeah." she put aki's left arm around her shoulder, denji doing the same for his right. "let's try to hurry up.. he's sorta heavy.."

    "hayakawa's got assaulted by a testicle demon."

"that's a lie... he's a liar..." aki groaned, pointing at denji with a look of hatred.

"and i wasn't paying attention..." erity muttered softly, looking away from makima's gaze.

"so?" the red haired woman looked between the three with a soft smile, ignoring the situation in front of her. "think you can get along?"

"no problem." "he's the worst..." "of course!" the three different responses made makima pleased.

"that's good then. denji, i'll have you join hayakawa's squad."

aki clearly wasn't happy with her decision, "...work with this brat? i've got enough pains in the ass already, don't i? getting one more freak is just..."

"i told you when i made the squad that i was going to try and start an experimental system that no one else tried." makima cut aki off, making her decision even more clear.

"what is he?"

"denji is a human, but he can become a devil." makima then gestured to erity, "much like our precious eri."

the sound of her nickname had caused a jolt of anger within herself, and so her head dropped, "please don't call me that.. he doesn't like that."

and that had seemed to amuse the older woman, a small smirk on her features. "can he come out and say that?" the girl shook her head instantly, "okay then."

"anyway," the woman continued. "they're both unique, so that's why they get special treatment. if he, or she, quits the public safety bureau or violates any of the rules, he'll be taken out like any other demon."

"me included?" the girl asked, interrupting. though she knew that he wouldn't like to hear that.

"that hasn't been decided yet, eri.. your contract seems to be a very special case, as you know. we can talk about this later. but, i look forward to working with you until you die."

ꗃ ──────────── ❥
nov. 16th, 2022
nov. 23rd, 2022 (published)

slow start cause like it's
the beginning but i promise for
the development to be
happening soon