𝐒𝐈𝐗, he who refuses her call

( VI. he who refuses her call )

    falling from the sky was a new experience for erity

falling from the sky was a new experience for erity. she had thought she'd never go through something like that, especially knowing that she was trapped for the rest of her life.

trapped as a devil hunter who was bound to her own devil. something that she was meant to hunt and kill.

she couldn't contain her thoughts and zankoku knew that. he worried for the girl as he internally witnessed the fall from a great height and being latched onto the leg of the devil, he could only hope that she wouldn't be injured.

he was prepared to take over her body at any time, just to save the girl that he was bound to. her body, soul, mind, and everything was his to protect.

"eri, try to move towards the right more." he ordered her, making his voice louder on purpose.

"o..okay!" the girl muttered and did her best to move right, still holding on for dear life as they got closer and closer towards the building.

they both knew that it was inevitable that she'd get hurt when they crashed, but to try and avoid it was the goal.

the force of breaking through the roof was incredibly strong and the shock of it was just as strong. multiple cuts were made across all over her arms from any jagged pieces of the building.

erity winced once the pain became present in her arms. the feeling of her cuts burning and droplets of blood coming through the surface of her arms; staining the pure white sleeves of her work shirt.

"give me another knife" she quickly spoke, opening her hand for one to form. the weapon was quick to appear in the girl's hand, and she clenched the handle before driving it into the leg of the bat devil while it was distracted with denji.

the beast groaned aloud once it felt another stab taken to it's surface, taking his eyes off denji and swiftly knocking erity off his leg.

taking the girl by surprise when she slammed into the wall behind her, all air leaving her lungs as she gasped for air.

denji noticed the girl and jumped forward to punch the devil in its face, the power of denji's inhuman punch pushed the big devil out and through the wall of the building. the two landing on the street in front of the building where erity still stood.

erity slid down the wall with wide eyes and her hand clenching at her chest. "fuck... that hurt.."

"eri!" the worry in his voice could make erity laugh, if she could. "you need to stay up here and rest, i can't let you go back out there."