𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄, protection for denji

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE. . .
. . .PROTECTION FOR DENJI
(AND ERITY'S NEW FRIEND) !

┄﹒DENJI LAID ON HIS STOMACH STARING BLANKLY AT THE TV ABOVE HIM, THOUGH HIS ATTENTION WASN'T ON THE TV

┄﹒DENJI LAID ON HIS STOMACH STARING BLANKLY AT THE TV ABOVE HIM, THOUGH HIS ATTENTION WASN'T ON THE TV. rather it was more on the subject of his heart— why did everyone want his heart? just who is pochita to begin with? it all began to bother him the more he would become in danger.

"why don't i get to go on a trip with makima...?" he had unknowingly said it aloud, not noticing that aki was walking in his direction. only acknowledging him once he sat on his back, which brought him out of his thoughts. "i'm not your seat, dude."

"it's not like you'll have assassins after you for the rest of your life." aki pointed out, not bothering to look at the blond beneath him. "if we deal with every assassin who comes for you this time, the other side will start to play the waiting game too. then we can go on the trip. makima never said the trip was cancelled. it's only postponed."

denji's mouth gaped slightly at the realization of aki's words. the trip was still on! "what, that's all? that's easy then!" he brought a clenched fist up to his face, determination all over his expression. "so if i just kill 'em all... it's enoshima here we come, huh?!"

the older male soon got off denji's back, looking down at him with an unreadable look. one he wasn't able to decipher properly. "it's still about makima for you, isn't it?"

he was even more confused now, more than ever. "what? what do you mean exactly and why does that even matter right now?" denji's eyes squinted at him. makima...? "and of course it's about makima?"

aki only walked away once denji said that, not bothering to look back or pay attention to the blond. he was the least of his worries when they were safe inside the apartment.

༺♰༻

erity, power, and denji stood leaning against a wooden fence while snacking on a rice ball they each had. where they stood showed a pond that was surrounded by a walkway, a few ducks swimming around.

"think it's okay to catch and eat those birds?" denji suddenly asked, staring at the ducks in the pond.

erity gave the boy a side eye, furrowing her brows. "not really, i mean why would you want to ruin the peace?" rolling her eyes once she saw denji shrug, sighing loudly. "that's you, denj... i just don't think it's okay, but don't listen to me. as always." she quietly mumbled her last words, and lucky for her, denji wasn't able to catch them.

power, on the other hand, had a different response than erity's. "if i were president, i'd allow it..."

denji went to go take another bite, lifting his hand towards his mouth only for it to slip out of his hand and fall onto the path. the boy pouted slightly, leaning down to grab the rice ball and take another bite.