𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍, forgive me.. for both of them

( VII. forgive me.. for both of them )

    time after the bat and leech devil incident was used as a resting period for the trio involved

time after the bat and leech devil incident was used as a resting period for the trio involved. mainly for the recovery of denji after fighting two devils, losing half of his arm, and being impaled in the process.

erity had felt extremely bad during that time since she wasn't allowed to heal due to zan's refusal. she was angry with him to say the least.

so she ignored him to the best of her abilities and took care of denji. occasionally she would check up on power, but she mainly focused on the blond boy; he was the one she couldn't heal after all.

the blue haired girl sat on a stool at the end of his bed and peered out the window to try and pass the time in the quiet room.

"erity." she turned to face the door and saw aki standing there with a typical blank look on his face. "how long have you been here?"

the girl shrugged, "a while.. just waiting for denji to wake up."

aki simply nodded at the response and pulled up another stool, bringing out an apple and a knife. slowly peeling it in order not to cut himself.

erity looked at denji once more, as she usually did when sitting in front of his bed and noticed his eyes open. a small smile grew on her face. "denji! good to see that you're awake!"

his golden eyes looked down towards the end of his bed to see the girl happily looking at him, a smile was adorned on her face.

he gave her a small smile back but it didn't reach his eyes before he looked away and towards the male that also sat in his room, peeling an apple.

"i picked up your arm for you... it stuck back on after you got a transfusion apparently. you really are a lot like a devil." aki let out but still focused on the apple. cutting it into slices and making them into little shapes with the skin that still remained on the surface of the apple.

"weren't you actin' awful friendly with a devil back there? i saw the two of ya." denji huffed with furrowed brows, staring at him with a weird look.

it made erity laugh at denji's naïve knowledge on devil hunters and devils. "there's still a lot you need to learn, denji." he quickly gazed at the girl with a confused look.

"what do you mean? what's there to learn?"

"devil hunters can make a contract with a devil in order to battle other devils." he pulled down his sleeve to reveal his bandaged arm, "i contracted with a fox devil. in exchange for lending me its power, the fox eats part of my body. this time i let it eat some of my skin." aki informed the boy on his lack of knowledge for the subject, rolling his sleeve back down and making sure it was fine.