𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄, her unlucky number

( IX. her unlucky number )

    erity walked down the corridor close to power's side in order to avoid the others

erity walked down the corridor close to power's side in order to avoid the others. power was the next choice since denji had gone speed walking down the hall with clear excitement.

the excitement of french kissing himeno fueled his senses and he wanted to kill that devil before anyone else.

"i don't understand denji sometimes," erity randomly told power, looking ahead and watching as arai held the boy against the wall. "he's just.. so..."

"foolish." power finished erity's sentence with her own word, not caring to let the girl finish, but she smiled nonetheless.

erity nodded at her choice of word, "yeah, sounds about right." she watched as the two began to argue against the wall and she sighed, giving power a nudge and gesturing towards the pair. "i'm gonna try and stop them..."

the blood fiend stood in place as she watched erity walk up to the two boys and try to talk to them, which clearly wasn't doing much, but the girl still attempted.

"do you think your new recruits will be usable?" aki asked himeno from behind the eye patch woman.

she took a minute before responding, eying her two. "arai's a bit lacking in ability, but feels like he's got enough motivation. on the other hand, kobeni's a bit reserved and tentative, but she can move pretty well." himeno took a pause after finishing her analysis on the two, "what about yours?"

"the blood devilman is strong, but she's got a short fuse. there's still a chance she might betray us. and there're still too many uncertainties with denji. hard to say. then erity... she's a variety of things; from the way she acts to the loyal devil she keeps at her side."

himeno looked back at aki with a small smile on her face, "these four rookies... do you think they'll survive?"

"denji, get your head out of the clouds!" erity pulled on the boys arm to get his attention, "we need to focus! what if a devil comes out of nowhere?"

"then can i see your devil?" he looked down slightly to look at her blank eyes that stared back at him.

"you'd risk your life.. to see zan?" she asked slowly to make sure of what he was saying. "why?"

the blond shrugged lazily, "don't know. just to see the devil you always talk about."

"one day, i promise that you can see him, okay?" she held out her pinky to the boy, jokingly, to which he linked his finger with her. their hands moving in sync to initiate their promise.