𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍, the devil of eternity

( XI.  the devil of eternity )

    unlike erity, denji had a completely different reaction than the girl who held onto his arm

unlike erity, denji had a completely different reaction than the girl who held onto his arm. "huh? not like you'd let them out even if they killed us!"

"that's not true," himeno disagreed with him. "you heard it say contract, right? when a devil uses the word contract it holds a powerful meaning. as long as one side upholds it's end of the contract, the other absolutely has to follow through. breaking the contract means death. so it is definitely true that if we kill you we'll get out."

erity had already understood what himeno meant and lightly shook her head subconsciously, her eyes moving over towards the nearest wall to look for him, but he wasn't there. of course he wouldn't be there in the open.

"it's true, denji," erity directed towards the blond boy, who definitely looked confused. "it's the same for every contract between human and devil, just like zan and i."

"himeno... we should kill them." arai was next to appear from the open door, a blanket wrapped around his body for comfort. "if we just kill them, we can get outside and figure out a plan to deal with it... at this rate, we'll starve to death in this hotel. it's allowed by law for devil hunters to contract with a devil...! we should take that devil's deal!"

erity furrowed her brows at arai's words and shook her head furiously, shaking denji by accident. "shouldn't we get a say in the matter?! we're the ones being threatened with death?" denji nodded in agreement to erity's words.

aki cut into the conversation after erity spoke, not liking the way that things were going. "the devil want to kill denji and erity.. that means it has something to gain from both of them dying." he mentions to everyone in the hallway, making a clear point. "so i won't take the contract."

"me too then." "that's..."

"then i'll be on the kill side!" the blood fiend exclaimed with an upbeat tone, energy beginning to run through her veins. "even if i figure out something to earn the nobel prize, can't announce it unless i get outside! so die for the sake of my nobel."

"a devilman can't form a contract with a devil. so even if you kill denji the devil has no obligation to let you out." aki set his serious gaze on power and her mood quickly diminished, resting her chin on denji's other shoulder once again. "at any rate, we're not killing either of them. we're devil hunters, we only kill devils."

power clicked her tongue in boredom and looked at both denji and erity with a growing smile. "i'm bored, how about a game of pushing sumo!"

before erity could even respond denji beat her to it, "you were too quick to try and kill us, so no!"

"do your game involve you pushing us into the devil...?" erity looked at power with a now blank look, knowing how the fiend was. "i take your silence as a yes."

the blue haired girl looked away from power with a slight pout on her face, her mind taken off the growing devil, even for just a moment, it was a normal feeling.

and so denji, erity, himeno, and aki all sat on the floor of the hallway to keep better watch of the devil. sitting in different ways that were comfortable for themselves.

erity rested her back against the wall and had her eyes trained on the ceiling above her, bored out of her mind and becoming extremely exhausted.

"got any water?" her voice was becoming more hoarse than usual. "i'm thirsty.."

the blond boy sadly shook his head at her and frowned, "not sure, but i'm also hungry..."

"i don't understand it really... why it wants you, i guess i do, but me? what is there about me?" erity spoke to herself more than denji, her eyes fluttering closed with her noticing. "all i have is zan and nothing else so that could be why, but how does it know about zan..."

her mind was too dazed to hear a scream echo throughout a door down the hallway, only coming back to reality when she felt her arm being tugged upwards and practically being dragged down the hallway.

the devil was growing quickly in the direction that everyone ran towards and it seemed never ending as it chased them. the groaning of multiple heads and the countless amount of arms moving outwards to try and grab onto one of them.

denji had let go of erity's hand without realizing it, the only thought on his mind was to get away from the devil and as quickly as possible. not even noticing how the girl began to lag behind after being let go of due to her exhaustion taking over.

her heart beating at a fast pace while trying to keep up with the three who were running in front of her, sweat beginning to form at the top of her forehead as she worked her body to it's full potential.

"kill them and give me their hearts. give them to me. i expand with terror. creatures trapped by terror. your deaths are guaranteed. fall deeper into terror. dread death. fear everything. the one to kill the chainsaw and claim pure brutality will be, i, the devil of eternity."

the hallway began to tilt in the direction of the now named devil which alarmed the devil hunters. they all got into the nearest room and noticed how everything had completed tilted and shifted in a new direction.

the eternity devil now laid below them outside of the door and it was bigger than ever, a large mouth in the center being surrounded by it's disgusting flesh.

"give me their hearts!"

ꗃ ──────────── ❥
dec. 14th, 2022
dec. 25th, 2022 (published)

IM SO SORRY FOR JUST
DISAPPEARING.. i needed the week
to myself & just the relaxation
that comes with winter break,
i'll be posting consistently again
most likely and yeah
(plus the eternity devil got me dead.)

next chap should be out soon & concluding the eternity devil arc hopefully... btw merry christmas if u celebrate