𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, travel buddies

( IV. travel buddies )

    "i'll allow the devilman power to go out

    "i'll allow the devilman power to go out. make sure you return her by 5pm." the person at the desk spoke sternly, giving the trio a serious look.

"you can't go out on your own?" denji questioned the horned devil.

power simply shrugged, "yep. i was bored always cooped up in here."

while the two conversed, erity stood there without a word. the responsibility of watching over these two was heavy on her shoulders and she knew that. while she was also a devilman, she had been there longer and had more respect than the two new ones.

"i don't know the reason for this... but please don't be something that i'll regret supervising." the blue haired girl held a worried face when glancing at the pair in front of her, the whole thing to her was unpredictable.

"be cautious."

zankoku's sudden warning startled the girl and she jumped in response. the female devilman in front of her giving her a strange look.

"don't say stuff like that.. you make me worried." she softly whispered back to the devil and looked down to direct the sound of her voice away from everyone else.

the trio sat on on trolly that took them through the town towards their destination. a large space was between denji and power which caused erity to sit in the middle of them.

"i know where the devil that kidnapped nyako is!"

news about a devil surprised the girl in the middle, who instantly looked over towards power. "what? we're going after a devil?!"

"yeah," the girl was nonchalant about the whole situation, just wanting her cat back. "did the human not tell you?"

denji shook his head and looked away briefly and erity's face visibly paled a few shades.

"anyway.. the problem is that you're the only one who can fight. if it sees me, it'll just use nyako as a shield. if that happened we'd be stuck!"

denji's eyes glanced over towards power's chest, and unknowingly towards erity's as well. "...i had this pet devil i was keeping. called 'im pochita... i can't pet him anymore, but s'all good, cause he's livin' on in here." he directed towards his heart.

erity tilted her head at that piece of information, never hearing about it before now. she had a small smile on her face and a memory playing back in her mind. she knew how denji felt in that moment.

"human's are sure foolish." power bluntly spoke with disregard of denji's feelings.

"say what?"

"power..."

power glared at the two to her right, "that just means pochita's dead, right? if he's dead, he's not living. saying he's living in your heart's just a pathetic consolation."

erity rolled her eyes at that. "you don't know how that works." she combatted with the girl, "pochita wasn't your pet devil."

denji nudged the girl and gave her a small smile, which she returned and looked back down at her lap. thoughts taking over her mind.

"...yeah, i guess so."

it was silent between the three now, no one bothered to speak and the silence was slightly uncomfortable. mainly due to the previous tension that power caused.

erity noticed that the trolly slowly came to a stop and she stood from her seat, turning back to look at the still sitting pair. "come on, isn't this your stop?" she asked to make sure and she was correct.

they all quickly hurried off the trolly and towards a bus stop since the ride hadn't been enough. at this point, an arrival time back at 5pm seemed impossible.

"where are we even going..? it's so far out of town." she questioned aloud, mainly towards the female fiend. "and please don't lie, i'd rather find out now."

"to get my nyako back." was the only response she got.

erity sighed and looked down at her right hand, feeling a light pressure in that area. "thanks..."

ꗃ ──────────── ❥
nov. 29th, 2022
nov. 29th, 2022 (published)

OKAY THIS IS THE SHORTEST CHAPTER I HOPE TO WRITE. THIS IS JUST BEFORE ALL THE BAT DEVIL SHIT SO FORGIVE ME🙏.

next chap out either later today
or tomorrow i promise.