Chapter 41 [End]

Standing not too far from them was Taehyung, looking heartbroken. There was a packet of banana milk at his feet which he might have dropped when he saw them hugging. Jungkook and Namjoon broke apart as soon as they noticed his presence.

"I-I- I'm sorry. I'll go."

Taehyung stuttered those words before he ran out into the rain, didn't bother to stop even when Jungkook called out his name. He quickly snatched the umbrella from Namjoon and followed after Taehyung.

"Taehyung! Taehyung, wait!"

Jungkook called out for the alpha, but he didn't stop.

However, Jungkook was faster, and before Taehyung could go further, he grabbed him by the wrist and turned him around, making him stand under the umbrella. But of course, Taehyung tried to wiggle himself out of Jungkook's grip.

"Taehyung, stop struggling and listen to me! You're going to get sick from running in the rain!"

"WHY? WHY DO YOU CARE IF I GET SICK? LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"I CAN'T BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU, IDIOT!"

Jungkook's unexpected confession stopped Taehyung from moving. Droplets of rain kept falling from the dark, grey sky and tumbled onto their umbrella. Both of them were getting soaked by the rain as the umbrella wasn't big enough for them, but none of them care.

Taehyung's trembling form stood still as he studied Jungkook with wide, teary eyes as if he couldn't believe what he heard. They stood there like that for a moment without moving, trying to sink in what just happened.

"How?"

Taehyung whispered after some time, his gaze never wavering from Jungkook as he waited for answers.

"I don't know when it all started, but somewhere during our fake-dating, I realized I'm no longer pretending. Somewhere along the way, I forgot all about Namjoon hyung. You are the only one that fills up my thoughts. You are the only one who can change the rhythm of my heart."

Taehyung's eyes were filled with tears as he listened to Jungkook. He couldn't believe this was happening. Jungkook raised his hand to wipe the tears as he continued his confession, which was long overdue.

"Without even me realizing, I have started to adore every little thing you do. I love how you fold your arms out of habit whenever you're coming up with an insult orplayful remark."

He caressed Taehyung's cheek tenderly as he opened up all the feelings he had bottled up inside.

"I love how you never cower to call out at my bullshit and the way you would embrace me even when I fuck things up. I love the sound of your laugh whenever you find my stupid jokes funny or whenever I do stupid shit. Your personality, your weird habits, I fall in love with all of it. I'm afraid to get into a relationship because of what happened in the past. But if it's you, I'm willing to risk my heart again because you're worth it, Taehyung. So this is my truth. I'm genuinely, irrevocably and madly in love with you."

Taehyung had a massive smile on his face by the end of Jungkook's confession. He was over the moon to get his feelings reciprocated. Too overwhelmed to form a word, Taehyung grabbed Jungkook by the nape and gave his answer in the form of a passionate kiss.

Jungkook let his umbrella fall onto the wet ground and be blown by the wind to embrace Taehyung properly in his arms. The moment their lips locked together under the pouring rain, everything else ceased to exist.

The rest of the world turned into a blur as they were bound in a kiss so tender that the duo felt a tingling sensation throughout their spines.

Jungkook's hand ran gently through Taehyung's wet locks while Taehyung rested one of his hands on Jungkook's chest, feeling the rapid beating of his heart getting faster with each movement of their lips.

Despite the chilling wind and their faces dripping with droplets of rain, Jungkook and Taehyung felt warm as their lonely hearts beat together as one.

"I love you too, idiot. I don't know what the future holds for us, but I promise every piece of my heart belongs to you, no matter what. I'll cherish you till we turn old and grey."

Taehyung whispered once they pulled away from the kiss.

Jungkook smiled and pecked Taehyung one more time. Then they walked away, hand in hand, feeling happy and excited to spend every day of their lives together.

Four months ago, nobody would have thought that these two alpha who were ready to cut off each other's throat any second would be so much in love with each other. It was very unexpected yet cute.

They might have set out on the wrong foot, but in the end, their hearts found a way to each other, and that was what mattered.

The End