Chapter 19

“Sorry, I’m late. How long has it been since they performed?”

Namjoon probed once he took a seat beside Taehyung.

“Not that long; they just finished one song. Did Jungkook invite you?”

Taehyung hoped his question didn’t sound rude.

“Yeah, I asked him what he would be doing this Saturday, and he said he would be here. I asked if I could come when I found out he had a band.”

Taehyung just nodded his head, pretending to focus his attention back on the boys on stage. But his mind was reeling with thoughts.

Why didn’t Jungkook tell him about Namjoon coming over? Did he think it would be an excellent time to make their senior jealous as Taehyung was also there?

He subtly looked at Jungkook and noticed how he was gawking at Namjoon. He got a huge smile plastered on his face as he sang, his gaze now only fixed on Namjoon.

Taehyung also noticed the difference in the way Jungkook was swaying his body. He glanced over at the senior beside him and saw him watching Jungkook with a smile as he bobbed his head according to the rhythm.

He guessed Jungkook’s plan finally worked. As he felt somewhat irritated, Taehyung chugged the beer in front of him in one gulp; needing another refill, he got up from his seat to walk over to the bartender.

As Taehyung felt the need to be away from Jungkook shamelessly seducing Namjoon in front of him, he decided to sit at the bar counter and drown himself in alcohol.

When he got to the second glass of beer, he felt a hand gently caressing his shoulder.

“Why someone as handsome as you is sitting by yourself in the bar?”

A beautiful male omega joined him at the bar, giving him a seductive smile. His hand never stopped caressing Taehyung’s shoulder.

“I’m not alone; I came with my friends.”

Taehyung pointed towards Yoongi, Jimin, and Namjoon.

“I just wanted to collect my thoughts for a while.”

The male omega smiled again, his scent overwhelmingly sweet, unlike the calming sea breeze scent he is used to, more precisely Jungkook’s scent.

Why was Taehyung even thinking about that jerk right now? He was having fun flirting with his crush, although tonight should have been the night for him and Taehyung to bond with their friends.

“Something tells me you need a distraction at the moment. I’m Yong-rae. Let me accompany you before you join your friends. I promise I won't tag along once you decide to return to them.”

Yong-rae commented as he studied Taehyung carefully and waited for his answer. Taehyung wasn’t interested in the omega. He was pretty, but he wasn’t Taehyung’s type. But he did needed a distraction from a specific alpha with captivating eyes and an alluring voice. Hence, he agreed to let Yong-rae stay with him.

Surprisingly, Yong-rae was an excellent company for Taehyung. He was a funny and outgoing guy who didn't seem to run out of topics to keep the conversation going. Taehyung also noticed Yong-rae was pretty touchy throughout their interaction.

Probably because of the booze, or it could be his habit. Taehyung didn't mind as he knew the latter wasn’t hitting on him. He had been talking about the alpha he liked but was afraid to confess for a good two minutes, so; he knew Yong-rae just wanted someone to talk to, just like Taehyung needed a distraction to get his mind off of Jungkook.

As Taehyung listened attentively to Yong-Rae's rant about his oblivious alpha, he wasn’t aware of a pair of eyes looking intensely at him from the stage. If Taehyung had looked at Jungkook’s direction at least once while chatting with Yong-rae, he would have known that Jungkook had his gaze fixed on him ever since he noticed Taehyung disappearing from his seat and laughing with a pretty omega.

“Babe?”

Jungkook’s voice made both Taehyung and Yong-Rae halt their conversation and looked towards him. As Jungkook approached nearer, Yong-Rae placed his hand around Taehyung’s shoulder onto his thigh. Even when Jungkook stopped in front of them, Yong-Rae didn’t retrieve his hand.

Jungkook poked his tongue against his cheek, feeling riled at the omega who kept touching Taehyung. He saw everything while he was on the stage, how the omega approached Taehyung and bewitched him.

He didn’t like that Taehyung was paying attention to this mere omega during his open mic session. Alpha’s are naturally possessive, so when he saw Taehyung, his fake boyfriend being flirty with another omega, his alpha instincts were telling him to get rid of the omega.

“Could you please get your hands off my boyfriend? I don’t like it when people get touchy with him.”

To Be Continued~~