Chapter 14

Taehyung was baffled by Jungkook’s change in demeanor, so he rolled his eyes and fake gagged, which had been his signature reaction whenever Jungkook got flustered in front of Namjoon.

Jungkook saw that and glared at him while stepping on his feet from under the table. Well, who was Taehyung to deny such a challenge? Soon, they were full-blown, kicking each other as quietly as possible while scowling.

“Seriously, guys, stop playing footsie under the table! I know you are horny but can you pull yourself together till we finish our tutoring session?”

Namjoon sounded half annoyed and half-amused at their behavior.

“HYUNG!”

Taehyung and Jungkook yelled simultaneously at Namjoon’s comment, both wearing a similar blush on their cheeks.

Finding them adorable, Namjoon just chuckled and asked them to continue their work. They left Namjoon’s house after two hours of studying. None of them tried to attempt anything for the rest of the session after Namjoon’s crude comment about them.

Once they were out of sight from Namjoon’s house, Jungkook kicked Taehyung in the shin.

“YAH! What the fuck was that for?”

Taehyung yelled, suddenly getting annoyed with Jungkook’s attitude.

“Trust me? Namjoon hyung will be seeing you in a different light by the end of the session?”

Jungkook scoffed as he quoted what Taehyung had said before the tutoring session.

“ Yeah, he’s going to see me as a clown, thanks to you!”

“Well, who hit their boyfriend when they kissed them? It's not my fault you are a failure!”

“It's not my fault you’re so full of shit!”

Jungkook shot back.

“Someone’s got their underwear all knotted up, huh,”

Taehyung commented, not impressed with Jungkook’s behavior.

“I was doing my job to make Namjoon hyung jealous. You were the one who screwed it up, so don’t put this upon me, idiot!”

“Fuckface!”

“Dickhead!”

“Jerk!”

“Brat!”

“Ughh! I hate you so much!”

Jungkook screamed as he walked away from the equally pissed Taehyung.

“Well, the feeling’s mutual, fucker. Don’t come running for my help because we’re done! I’m not helping you anymore. If I ever agree with any of your bullshit, then I’m an idiot!”

Jungkook just flashed him a middle finger as he continued walking away from the alpha. Taehyung went in a different direction, not wanting to walk on the same path as Jungkook.

Taehyung indeed was an idiot as the next day he was back to pretending as Jungkook’s boyfriend when they went to uni.

Jungkook apologized to him in the morning and offered his precious banana milk. Taehyung didn't even bother with giving the other alpha the punishment of his own.

He didn't know when he started getting lenient with Jungkook. It had only been over three weeks, and Taehyung had given into most of Jungkook’s wishes once he looked at him with his Bambi eyes.

He couldn't say no for long as soon as he stared into those big sparkling eyes. Before they became roommates, they used to glare at each other if one of them got on the other’s nerve.

Taehyung could survive Jungkook’s fiery glares; it didn't intimidate him one bit.

But these innocent puppy dog eyes that the latter had been pulling on him lately had dangerous effects on him, and he didn’t like it. Taehyung told himself that he should be firm with his rules, yet he kept ignoring what he had set up in the beginning whenever Jungkook sat with him at the lounge while he was playing games or how some of his clothes would be lying on the side of Taehyung’s territory.

Taehyung nagged Jungkook about it initially, but then slowly, he started overlooking it. Whenever he tried to remind Jungkook about the house rules, the alpha would look at him with wide eyes like he was innocent.

Those types of looks Jungkook gave him were doing weird things to his heart, so he decided to let the younger alpha do whatever he wanted. So much for having house rules.

“Guess I am an idiot.”

Taehyung mumbled under his breath. He was quick to forgive Jungkook when he apologized with unshed tears in his eyes.

Jungkook told Taehyung how he had been insensitive to blame solely on him for what happened yesterday. It wasn’t a total disaster as Namjoon seemed to be amused with them, so Jungkook had been overreacting. He said he would understand if Taehyung decided to stop helping him pursue Namjoon as he had been nothing but decent to Jungkook.

Of course, Taehyung was quick to forgive after hearing that. He once had a crush on one of his seniors in high school and knew how awful an unrequited love felt, so he agreed to continue helping Jungkook.

He told himself it was because he was taking pity on Jungkook, so he forgave him, not because of a particular puppy dog eyes and a cute pout making him want to do whatever the other wished. Nope That wasn’t the case at all...

Definitely not!..

Taehyung also wondered how he would feel when everything came to an end, and Jungkook finally got Namjoon. He felt weird thinking about it, so he tried to push the thought to the back of his mind and focused on the present.

To Be Continued~~