Chapter 37

Taehyung and Jungkook didn't talk on the way back to the dorm. The older alpha didn't let go of his hand though, he would even caress the back of Jungkook's hand from time to time to comfort the younger alpha.

Once they were back in the dorm, Taehyung made Jungkook sit on the couch while he went inside his room to retrieve a first aid kit. He then kneeled in front of Jungkook to treat his wound on the wrist.

Byung-ho had gripped Jungkook's hand harshly that it left a bruise. After Taehyung wrapped his wrist with a bandage, he looked up at Jungkook with concern. Jungkook didn't meet Taehyung's eyes, head hanging low while he played his finger with the fabric of his purple sweatshirt.

"Are you okay?"

Taehyung asked with a tone of concern in his voice as he waited patiently for Jungkook to reply. Jungkook nodded his head, but then he shook his head as he broke down, big fat tears streaming down his face as he let out loud sobs.

Taehyung got up from the floor to engulf him in a hug, carding his hand through Jungkook's curls as he whispered comforting words.

"Shh, shhh. It's okay. I'm here. I'm right here. I'm sorry."

Taehyung didn't know what he was apologizing for, but seeing Jungkook crying painfully made his heartache, so he tried his best to calm the alpha.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around Taehyung tightly as he nuzzled his nose in the crook of Taehyung's neck, trying to inhale the cedarwood scent that he yearned so much. He wasn't crying about what happened to him with his ex. He was weeping because seeing Taehyung's face after two long weeks made him realize how much he missed Taehyung.

"I miss you. I'm sorry about last time. I didn't mean any of those words. You're more than a fake boyfriend to me, Tae. You're my great friend. I'm sorry, please don't push me away."

Jungkook pleaded, hoping the other alpha would accept him. Taehyung pulled away from the embrace to look Jungkook in the eyes, a gentle smile was adorning his face when he wiped the tears from Jungkook's delicate face.

"It's okay, Kookie. I'm sorry too, for ignoring you for a long time. I miss you as well, a lot if I'm honest."

Jungkook smiled through tears to know he wasn't the only one missing the alpha.

"Do you want to talk about what happened at the cafe?"

Jungkook nodded his head. He was comfortable talking about his only relationship that went downhill because it was Taehyung. He needed to let it all out and moved on for real too.

So he recounted how everything started, how he met Byung-ho in high school. He was older than Jungkook, and when they first met, Byung-ho was such a gentleman. Always soft-spoken and considerate, which made Jungkook head over heels for him.

As their relationship progressed, Jungkook discovered his sexual preference, letting the other alpha take control in bed. In the beginning, it worked well, but as time went by, Byung-ho started calling him names, he started disrespecting Jungkook and didn't let him have a say in anything whenever they had problems.

Jungkook might prefer to give up power in bed, but every other aspect of him was still a dominant alpha, so he didn't like it when Byung-ho tried to dominate him in every part of their relationship.

When Jungkook attempted to break up, the bastard started manipulating him, saying things like nobody would want someone like Jungkook just because of his preferences. He began feeding lies, making Jungkook believe he was indeed a worthless person and put up with Byung-ho, who already loved him despite his flaws.

To sum it up, Jungkook was in a toxic relationship with Byung-ho for two years until Hoseok and Seokjin intervened. Jungkook would always be thankful towards his friends for being his emotional crutch back then.

After breaking up with Byung-ho, Jungkook had to take some time to learn how to love himself again. He had to take some time to get comfortable with his sexual preference as Byung-ho had destroyed his confidence.

It was also the reason why he never dated again and settled with hookups. He was afraid the same thing would happen if he decided to date someone for long, so he locked his heart away and didn't allow himself to get attached to anyone.

That was until he met Namjoon, who treated him nicely and never looked at him like a trophy to collect. Ever since Jungkook started sleeping around, people only saw him as a prize, something to scratch off from their bucket list, and he had hated those looks, which was another reason he didn't have many friends.

Most people wanted him because he was hot, and they wanted to flaunt around that they had slept with the hottest guy on campus but Namjoon was different. He never looked at him like he was a prize to conquer, and he treated him like his junior and was genuinely good to him.

That made Jungkook develop feelings for him. But Jungkook was afraid Namjoon might be against the same sub-gender relationship, and if he said horrible things to Jungkook when he confessed, he didn't think he would be able to take it. That was why when Taehyung came along, he had asked the alpha to be his fake boyfriend to see how Namjoon would react.

To Be Continued~~