Chapter 6

After the classes, Taehyung dropped by at his best friend's house to rant his frustrations. Jimin listened to him recounting the incident without interrupting though he looked disappointed in his best friend by the time Taehyung finished his ranting.

"Geez, Taehyung, I'm not going to lie, but you went overboard."

"Well, it's not like no one knows about his fuck boy reputation. I'm just stating the facts. Sometimes, the truth hurts."

Taehyung got defensive when his best friend didn't side with him and bluntly said he was wrong.

Taehyung knew he was wrong, but he at least wanted someone to console him and said Jungkook was partially responsible for his outburst.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you have to yell it out in front of everyone. I know he started first but technically speaking, he has the right to comment. That's how Mr. Kang's class works, and youhave to get butthurt and said all those bullshit."

Taehyung didn't say anything afterward; he just heaved a frustrated sigh while he ran his fingers through his messy silver curls.

"Fine! I know I was wrong. I'll apologize. Just stop looking at me like I've committed a huge sin. It's not even a big deal, chimmy. You're so dramatic."

He received a playful punch on his arm after what he said about Jimin. The duo bickered and playfully punched each other until Jimin asked why Taehyung and Jungkook didn't get along.

"It all started with our parents. They used to be school rivals, and when they have kids, they always like to flaunt who has a better son. They became neighbors when we were five. As we grew up, it's just become our second nature to dislike each other and to compete who has better grades when it comes to academics."

Taehyung realized he had never told his friends why they tended to compete against each other. He didn't like talking about Jungkook as it only made him annoyed.

"Our parents no longer cared about it. They even became friends, like, can you believe it? Now they want us to be friends as well but we can't. We've disliked each other our whole life. It's not that easy. Besides, Jungkook is a jerk; there's no way I'm going to make peace with him."

Taehyung huffed, annoyed at how his parents could suddenly become friends with the family

Taehyung had learned to despise. If they were going to have a change of heart, they shouldn't paint their opinions on him when he was young. Now, Taehyung wouldn't change his decision even if his parents disagreed.

"Well, if your parents can set aside their differences and act civil, why can't you? From what I know, you don't have a solid reason to be hating Jungkook."

Jimin reasoned with his friend, but Taehyung wasn't having any of it.

"He's a disgrace to the alpha community, chimmy. He has no ethics whatsoever; all he does is sleep with any omega that comes his way and discards them like they are nothing. I don't like that mentality."

Jimin noticed Taehyung was quite a stubborn alpha, but he was also equally persistent.

"I'm sure there was a reason why he acted that way, Tae. You shouldn't judge someone without knowing them personally. Why don't you take this opportunity to get to know him better? Apologize and get to know him. If he's a douche, then at that time, I'll help you kick his ass."

Taehyung grumbled out a quick "I'll try" as he knew Jimin wouldn't stop nagging him if he disagreed.

They talked about other stuff for the rest of the evening until it was time for Taehyung to head back to his dorm.

He stopped by at the convenience store to buy a packet of banana milk as a peace offering for Jungkook.

Taehyung had seen the latter religiously consuming it, so he hoped it would make easier for him to apologize and get over with it.

Jungkook was taking the banana milk out of the fridge when Taehyung arrived. Once he saw the alpha at the door, Jungkook attempted to go back inside his room, but Taehyung was quick to grab his arm, successfully stopping him from slipping inside his bedroom.

"What the fuck do you want?"

Jungkook spat; it was evident in his eyes that he wanted to do nothing with Taehyung.

Taehyung pushed the packet of banana milk that he had bought into Jungkook's arm, making the latter raise his brow in confusion.

"Uhm, I've seen you drinking that a lot, so I assume you like it. Take it as an apology gift. I know I crossed the line this morning. I could have defended my statement in a better way. So, I'm sorry."

Jungkook looked astonished to receive an apology from Taehyung. He wasn't expecting the latter to own up to his mistake, so it came as a surprise, but he wasn't complaining.

Never in a million dreams did he expected Kim Taehyung to do something like apologizing to him willingly. He was going to enjoy it while he had the upper hand.

A feline smirk adorned his face as he studied Taehyung standing awkwardly in front of him, waiting for Jungkook to say something.

"You insulted me in front of the whole class, and all you give me as an apology, is this?" He pointed at the banana milk in his hand.

"What kind of half-ass apology is this, Kim?"

Jungkook taunted, feeling satisfied to see the hotheaded alpha speechless for once.

"What more do you want?"

Taehyung huffed in annoyance. He knew Jungkook was right, but he wasn't going to say that out loud.

If he were in Jungkook's shoes, Taehyung knew he wouldn't be able to accept an apology with a packet of banana milk too.

Alphas are prideful creatures; it was in their blood. Taehyung couldn't deny it even if he didn't like that aspect of his kind. A proper and sincere apology should be delivered if someone had wronged the alpha. Sometimes the person in the wrong had to fulfill what the other wanted. Taehyung's body went stiff as a realization dawned on him.

"As a very well-mannered alpha, I'm sure you know how apologies work, Kim."

To Be Continued~~