Chapter 8

Taehyung and Jungkook didn’t interact for the next three days. Both of them were drowned in their assignments, so most of the time, they were couped up in their respective bedrooms.

As they didn’t talk, they didn’t have to argue, and it was pretty peaceful inside their dorm room without their usual bickers.

However, that peace came to an end when Taehyung realized Jungkook had eaten his last piece of chocolate cake in the fridge.

“Yah! Jeon Jungkook, you little thief!”

Taehyung roared at the top of his lungs as he barged into Jungkook’s room. The latter was working on his assignment at his desk, not even bothered by Taehyung’s outburst.

“Why did you eat my cake? That was the last piece, you little shit! It was stated in the rules never to touch my side of the fridge.”

Taehyung was fuming. He was saving the last piece to reward himself when he completed his assignment. He just finished it, and now his precious cake was gone.

“Relax. It’s not the end of the world. I was hungry, so I ate it. I’ll buy a new one tomorrow.”

Jungkook swirled his chair around to face Taehyung.

“Besides, rules are made to be broken. Where’s the fun in sticking to it?”

He gave seething Taehyung a wink and resumed working on his laptop.

“Rules are made to be broken,”

Taehyung repeated after taking in a deep breath.

“Fine, Jungkook. Let’s see whether you’ll be this calm when I mess with your rules.”

Taehyung then walked out of the room, slamming the door harshly on his way. Jungkook wasn’t bothered by his threat. He knew Taehyung values rules too much to break them himself. Without a care in the world, Jungkook continued his work.

~The next morning~

“Kim fucking Taehyung! Where the fuck is my banana milk?”

Jungkook howled, standing in front of the fridge. His eyes turned red in hostility as he realized the last carton of his banana milk was missing.

Taehyung stepped out of his room, holding Jungkook’s banana milk in one hand as he smiled at the younger alpha in smug satisfaction.

“Are you looking for this? Sorry, I got thirsty.”

Taehyung uttered a feign apology with no remorse in his voice.

“You did it on purpose, didn’t you? Because I ate your cake.”

Jungkook’s accusation didn’t bother Taehyung in any way; it just made him want to taunt the annoyed alpha furthermore.

“Nah, I was thirsty, and your banana milk was there, so I took it. Like you have said, rules are made to be broken, Jungkook.”

Taehyung walked up to the latter and patted his shoulder; his perfectly sculpted face was so close to Jungkook’s that he could feel the faint minty breath invading his senses.

“I’m just trying to live by your principal, and it felt so damn good.”

Taehyung whispered the last part against his ears and watched in satisfaction when Jungkook slightly shivered from their proximity.

Taehyung heard Jungkook’s heartbeat a tad bit faster, but he didn’t comment on it. He then leaned back to give some space between them and gasped as he pretended to check the watch on his wrist for dramatic effect, saying he was late and bid farewell to Jungkook to prepare for the day.

Jungkook hated how Taehyung quickly got under his skin. He detested how the raven-haired alpha used his words to let him get a taste of his own medicine.

He disliked how he remained speechless as Taehyung invaded his personal space, having no will to push the older alpha away.

As his desire to get back at Taehyung was clouding his thoughts, he did the first thing he could think of to annoy the alpha.

Jungkook sneaked into Taehyung’s room while the other took a shower and took one of his hoodies. He made sure to mess up his clothes as Jungkook knew how much Taehyung hated messiness.

When he was satisfied with his work, he quickly dashed out of the room and left their dorm.

A mild woody scent with an undertone of citrus wafted through his nose as he pulled Taehyung’s hoodie over his shirt. A strange sense of tranquility and comfort washed over his agitated nerves as soon as he inhaled Taehyung’s scent.

He never knew Taehyung had such an alluring smell. He probably didn't notice it before as both of them were constantly at each other’s throats.

Jungkook couldn't deny how much he enjoyed basking in the alpha’s smell that he started regretting his decision to wear the hoodie out of spite.

Now it was Jungkook who was getting addicted to the aroma that he couldn’t stop himself from sniffing at it from time to time.

As he walked through the campus, most of the students gawked at him and whispered among themselves. Jungkook was too busy drowning himself in the addictive cedarwood scent that he didn't pay any mind to the attention he was receiving.

People used to ogle at him because of his good looks, so he didn't think anything out of the ordinary for their behavior.

Then he realized the actual reason behind curious stares and whispers at lunchtime when a flustered Taehyung barged into the cafeteria to drag him somewhere secluded and quiet.

“Why are you wearing my hoodie, Jeon?"

To Be Continued~~~