Chapter 35

Everything felt strange without Taehyung. The quiet dorm room, the empty seat at the bar that used to be occupied by alpha with mesmerizing eyes and boxy smile, the lack of laughter in the living room.

It had been two weeks since Jungkook argued with Taehyung. It had been two weeks since Taehyung started giving him the cold shoulder, acting like they were strangers.

Jungkook couldn't phantom how much Taehyung had ingrained himself in his life. Everywhere he looked, whether at the university or in their dorm, he would see traces of Taehyung. They had been so close during the last four months that wherever he looked, it would remind him of Taehyung.

Jungkook tried reaching out to the other alpha a few times after their fallout, but Taehyung was having none of it. Jungkook regretted saying all those things to Taehyung, but it was too late.

The older alpha didn't want to do anything with him anymore, and rightfully so. People on campus began to notice their switch in behavior too. They no longer walked to uni together like they used to.

Even when they were at their dorm, Taehyung would coup inside his bedroom. He even stuck the house rules back on the fridge, telling Jungkook to stick to his territory. When in class, Taehyung made sure to sit at the back, far away from Jungkook. He no longer joined Namjoon and him for lunch.

Some people even spread rumors that they had broken up, and it didn't help with the way Jungkook was acting like a heartbroken puppy.

Deep in his thoughts, he didn't hear what Namjoon said until the older alpha nudged his shoulder. They were in the cafeteria at the moment, Jungkook didn't have any appetite, so he was playing around with the food while his mind wandered to Taehyung.

He looked up at the alpha apologetically, asking him to repeat his question.

"I said what's going on between you and Taehyung? I haven't seen him these days except for our tutoring session. Is everything alright?"

Namjoon had a look of concern on his face as he waited for Jungkook's answer.

Jungkook stared at Namjoon for a while, slowly realizing how he had forgotten to pursue the senior during the past two weeks.

Everyone believed he had broken up with Taehyung, so why wasn't Jungkook chasing after Namjoon yet? What was stopping him? He was busy mourning over his broken relationship with Taehyung that the thought of confessing to Namjoon didn't even cross his mind.

"I don't know, hyung. I screwed up big time, and now Taehyung won't even look at me anymore. I deserve it after what I did."

Namjoon draped his hand over Jungkook's shoulder in the form of comfort, rubbing soothing circles on his skin.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Try to talk it out, Kook. If you know you're on the wrong, then don't take too long to own it up, or Taehyung might get the wrong idea."

Jungkook nodded in agreement, but he didn't tell Namjoon that he had tried every way possible to make Taehyung listen, but it didn't work. He even sat in front of Taehyung's room the whole night one time, but Taehyung still refused to give him a chance to explain.

He would try again, at least for the last time. When Jungkook didn't bother to reply, Namjoon decided to switch the topic of their conversation.

"Are you free this Sunday? Let's go to Lotte World if you don't have any plans. You need something to clear your mind, and there's something I want to tell you."

Namjoon fidgeted with his hand as had waited for Jungkook's reply. Jungkook wasn't sure whether the senior was asking him out on a date or was just a friendly hang out.

If this had happened four months ago, he would be over the moon to get a chance to hang out with the senior. But now, he didn't know how he felt about it. He agreed to go nonetheless so that at least he could forget about a particular person who had occupied his mind almost all the time.

To Be Continued~~