Chapter 40

Yelling out his emotions somewhat lifted a burden off his chest. He didn't understand why he had been running away from the truth this whole time. Maybe because he felt terrible to move on from Namjoon quickly as he was the first person to treat him like a person rather than an object to win, come to think of it, maybe he never really liked Namjoon romantically.

It might have been an infatuation as Namjoon was nice to him, and he was the first person who didn't show any interest in him. That aspect might have enticed Jungkook and made him want to pursue the alpha.

Jungkook clearly understood now. He loved Taehyung, and he couldn't wait to return so that he could tell the other alpha how he felt.

"Are you alright, Jungkook?"

Namjoon got confused due to the latter's sudden declaration of love for his boyfriend. Jungkook nodded as he suggested Namjoon go to a nearby restaurant so that he could come clean with Namjoon and ask the older alpha what he wanted to tell him.

When they got to the shop, Jungkook urged Namjoon to tell him what he wanted to say.

"Well, this is embarrassing."

Namjoon looked down at his lap as he chuckled lightly.

"I never thought dating another alpha would be acceptable because I've never seen anyone like that around me until I saw you and Taehyung. The more I hang out with you guys, the more I realize it's okay to like someone from the same sub-gender. That falling in love isn't a sin. After all, we can't control how we feel. Both of you looked so happy whenever you're around each other, and the way you didn't care about anyone's opinions gave me the strength to be brave."

Jungkook didn't know where this conversation was going, but one thing he knew for sure was that the alpha wasn't going to confess to him. He somehow thanked the stars for that. It would be awkward if he had to reject the person he used to like.

"There's this alpha that I have liked for so long but didn't dare make a move because I was a coward. You and Taehyung gave me the courage to finally ask him out. And I want to thank you for that."

Jungkook was shocked to hear there was someone Namjoon liked. The alpha had never shown interest in anyone, so he didn't think Namjoon would have a crush on someone.

Driven by curiosity, he asked the alpha who that person was.

"That's one of the reasons why I asked you to hang out with me today. It's someone you know, so I hope you can help me out."

Namjoon gave him a cheeky smile when Jungkook choked on the water he was drinking as soon as he heard the alpha's confession.

"It's Kim Seokjin, your best friend. Do you think he would be okay with the idea of dating another alpha? I want to make sure with you before I confess so that I won't embarrass myself."

Jungkook couldn't believe what he was hearing. Namjoon had a crush on Jin hyung, and he never noticed it. Now that he thought about it, Namjoon did act shy whenever he was around Jin. He was busy crushing on the alpha that he didn't know much about it.

If it was four months ago, Jungkook might be devastated to learn about Namjoon's crush. But now, he felt relieved and happy that he had somehow helped Namjoon overcome his fear and pursue the person he liked despite their sub-gender.

"Aish, hyung! You don't have to worry about it because Jin hyung is a very open-minded person. He had also dated alphas before, so you don't need to sweat over it. Besides, you're Kim Namjoon. Only a fool would turn you down."

Both of them burst into laughter after Jungkook's last comment. When they came down from the high of laughing, Jungkook gathered the courage to tell Namjoon the truth about how he and Taehyung became boyfriends.

He told Namjoon how he used to have a crush on him and dating Taehyung was to get his attention. He also told Namjoon about how he had fallen in love with Taehyung along the way. He realized what he actually felt for Namjoon was just an infatuation and adoration for being so good toward him as a senior.

Namjoon was speechless at the end of Jungkook's revelation, too stunned to form a word. But he told Jungkook that he was glad the younger came clean with him and happy that he finally found someone he loved for real. They conversed about other things like their assignments and what they would be doing after the end of the semester while they finished eating.

Jungkook thought it might be awkward after he confessed the truth, but it wasn't the case. Namjoon was a very understanding person, and Jungkook was glad he had someone like him in his life.

They decided to return after having lunch as the sky was turning grey and it was about to rain.

When they arrived in front of the dorm, Namjoon offered to walk him to the building entrance as it was raining and Jungkook didn't have an umbrella.

"Thanks, hyung. If I didn't go out with you today, I'm not sure how long I would be taking to realize my feelings for Tae."

Namjoon smiled and ruffled his hair, "I should thank you too, for encouraging me to ask Jin on a date. You should tell Taehyung how you feel as well. Don't drag too long and make him wait. I'm sure he feels the same for you."

Jungkook nodded before he asked Namjoon for a hug as a closure. He wanted to hug him at least one time. Even though he didn't feel anything for Namjoon romantically anymore, he was still Jungkook's role model, and he liked him as his senior and a friend.

The older embraced him without saying a word, both of them basking in the warmth of each other until they heard a loud thud and a gasp near them.

To Be Continued~~