Chapter 20

Jungkook wrapped his arm around Taehyung's waist to prove a point, his eyes never leaving Yong-Rae.

Yong-Rae let out a fake gasp when Jungkook referred to Taehyung as his boyfriend.

"He's taken? I'm sorry, I didn't know. I can't get any other scent on him, so I assume he's single. Pardon me for my rude behavior."

Yong-rae smirked as he hopped off the stool and planted a soft kiss on Taehyung's cheek, taking both alphas by surprise.

"Call me whenever you need company, handsome."

With that last comment, Yong-rae walked away from the alphas, making sure to sway his hips as he left. Taehyung's gaze lingered on Yong-rae, which made Jungkook punch the latter on the arm.

"Yah! Kim Taehyung, your boyfriend is right here. Have some self-control, will you?"

Jungkook growled, his eyes turning red. He couldn't understand why he was acting so possessive.

Taehyung wasn't his. They were pretending to be a couple, so Jungkook didn't have a right to get mad at Taehyung for not paying attention to him and flirting with someone else.

But he didn't feel good when he saw Taehyung getting cozy with that pathetic omega from the stage. All he wanted to do was jump off the stage and pry those dirty fingers off Taehyung.

"Please, give it a rest. You were the one who was shamelessly eye-fucking Namjoon while I was sitting beside him. I know we're pretending to make him jealous, but don't you think he would find it weird to see my so-called boyfriend ogling at him even though I'm right in front of you?"

Taehyung retorted. He couldn't believe Jungkook dared to be pissed at him when he, himself, was busy seducing Namjoon.

Jungkook comprehended that Taehyung was upset because he unintentionally ignored the alpha once Namjoon arrived. He didn't mean to; he was just overjoyed to see his crush and wanted to impress him. He knew his relationship with Taehyung had improved during the past few weeks, and it might have hurt Taehyung's pride when Jungkook shifted his attention from him to Namjoon.

Jungkook knew he was wrong, but that didn't mean Taehyung should go off and mingle with another omega. They had an image to uphold.

What if someone from their college sees them?

Even now, Namjoon was quite confused with Taehyung's behavior.

The duo ended up glaring at each other; both of them too worked up to back down. Jin came to intervene, at last, quietly telling them to cut it off or Namjoon would get suspicious.

So, at last, they got pulled towards others by Seokjin, trying their best to calm their alpha instinct. Both of them didn't talk to each other for the rest of the hangout, and their friends didn't comment anything about it, even if they sensed the tension between the duo.

Later, Hoseok received a text about a party going on at one of his juniors' houses and suggested they should crash and let loose for the night. Everyone agreed with Hoseok's decision and decided to go together.

Taehyung and Jungkook didn't protest either because they wanted to drown themselves in alcohol and get their mind to forget about the weird feeling they felt when they witnessed each other flirting with others.

Once they arrived, Taehyung and Jungkook tried to stay away from each other. Taehyung went directly to the kitchen to get himself a drink while Jungkook joined a group of people dancing in the middle of a living room.

Taehyung sat in the corner away from the crowd as he chugged the beer in his hand, his eyes never leaving Jungkook, who was dancing with Jin and Yoongi.

As he was busy staring at them, he didn't realize Namjoon approached him and sat beside him.

"Is everything alright with Jungkook?"

The older alpha shouted so that Taehyung could hear him over the loud music. Taehyung didn't say anything; he pretended like he didn't hear him.

Namjoon just smiled and tugged Taehyung on his shirt, indicating to follow after him. Taehyung obliged, too tired to start another argument.

Once they got to the kitchen, and away from the loud noise, Namjoon repeated his question. Taehyung guessed Namjoon might have seen their argument because of Yong-rae at the bar if he was asking such a question.

"We're fine, hyung. It's nothing to worry about."

Namjoon gave him a small smile before he voiced his opinion.

"I know I shouldn't be meddling, but Jungkook seemed to like you a lot. I can tell he got distraught when he saw you with that omega. His eyes were on you the whole time while he was singing."

Taehyung widened his eyes over the new information. He stopped paying attention to Jungkook even before Yong-rae approached him as Taehyung couldn't stand seeing Jungkook having eyes only for Namjoon.

However, he wanted to laugh at the possibility of Jungkook liking him. With how whipped Jungkook was for the senior, he would beg to differ.

"Jungkook is a good kid; I don't want to see him hurt. I know you were just friends with that omega, but next time think about how your boyfriend would feel before you let someone touch you carelessly. Alphas are naturally more possessive than any other sub genders. I hope-"

"I hope you will stop assuming what's happening in our relationship, hyung."

Taehyung interrupted, slowly getting annoyed at the way Namjoon was caring about Jungkook's feelings. He wasn't Jungkook's boyfriend, so why was he acting like he couldn't bear to see Jungkook hurt?

"It's something between Jungkook and me, so you should stop worrying about it. Jungkook is my boyfriend. I'm not going to hurt him."

Without waiting to hear Namjoon's reply, Taehyung left the kitchen and decided to find Jungkook.

To Be Continued~~