forty - four.

"Anything you wanna ask me since you took your good time searching for us?" Manjiro asked sitting behind Takemichi in an old bowling area

Haruchiyo had his gun pointed to Takemichi's head while Kakucho held you in the distance. You watched the scene, not sure what your finace had in mind.

The plan was to find Michi and let him handle all of this crap. So why, why does he have a gun ponted to his head?

"Mikey kun!" Takemichi started to sob. "Is y/n chan with you..?" he silently asked not able to see who is standing behind him.

Manjiro replied as no and watched as Takemichi took something out of his pocket. It looked like a letter, to you at the distance.

"I'm giving you something.." Takemichi said holding a letter high in the air. Manjiro first watched the letter for a bit before speaking.

Kakucho, Haruchiyo and you were as curious as Manjiro about the letter.

"And that is?" Manjiro asked.

"An invitation to my wedding... Hina and me are finally getting married and I want you and y/n chan there.." Takemichi started explaining.

Kakucho felt you putting on a smile because his hand was still placed over your mouth to keep you shut.

After a bit you saw Sanzu walking towards your direction. Kakucho pulled you just a bit back so if Michi turns around he doesn't notice two of you.

Sanzu grabbed your wrist and started walking out the building. "Let's go, Boss wants to talk to him alone." he said.

Kakucho started following him out. You moved back, letting go of his grip. Haruchiyo glared at you. Before he was about to say anything you ran towards where you were before. Kakucho took Sanzu's wrist telling him to leave you be.

You got behind the same wall listening to Manjiro and Takemichi talk. "It's okay... you don't have to answer any of my questions, you protected everyone and now it's my turn to protect you."

When Takemichi finished his talk, he got up a chair and just when he turned around a bang sound got heard. Your eyes wided seeing everything that happened.

"TAKEMICHI!" you yelled running towards black haired man who was now squirming on the floor. Before you had a chance to help him, Manjiro pulled you by your hand and threw you aside.

"Stay out from this, y/n." Manjiro yelled pointing his gun to Takemichi once again. Three bang sounds got heard afterwards making you shed tears for dunno which time this week.

You could only watch Takemichi, almost dead, laying in the pool of his own blood. Manjiro wore an emotionless expression on his face.

"I didn't wanna meet because of this.." he spoke and started to walk away. Before he could complitely leave he heard Takemichi sit up.