37/girl next door

Zacznij od początku

Thank god, now she'll figure out what to do with her.

I keep my eyes glued to the stairs and when she sees me she immediately frowns.

She looks at the girls head and then at me and then back at her and when she looks back at me I raise my eyebrows and nudge my head for her to come over to where we're sitting.

She doesn't hesitate to approach the two of us and question what's going on.

She pushed loose hair behind her ear before dropping to her knees and softly placing her hand on the girls knee.
"Sissy? Are you okay?" She asked the same question I did before and the Sissy girl gasped when she heard her name and pulled away from me to see Almira.

"Oh," she dragged the 'h' and started crying again.
I would only cry if the burglar took something meaningful to me, I don't see it reasonable to cry over something expensive.

Guess not everyone is the same.

"Hey, it's okay." Almira sat next to her on the couch and tried to comfort her but she was glued to my side.

I could tell Almira didn't like it, the way she was looking at me. Though I think she didn't want to make it a big deal because Sissy girl wasn't in the best state at the moment and wanted to focus on getting her in the right mind set.

"He took everything," she said again and I just looked away, holding back the biggest sigh ever.

"Who?" Almira asked and she started to tell her everything she told me.

I had to pull myself away from her and excuse myself out of the room.
Finally being away from the crying girl and letting Almira handle her I walk into the corridor to go grab some water for her the door being knocked on was heard again.

But this time was the police and I rolled my eyes walking to it opening the door.

The police officer showed his badge and asked for the girl and I told him she was inside.

He came in and walked to the living room where the two girls were.
He questioned the girl trying to get somewhat of a description to this person who broke into her house but I wasn't interested in any of it, I just didn't want to let them alone with Almira and that's why I stayed.

She looked concerned, she cared for the girl even though the first time she came to our house she didn't even acknowledge her the proper way.
She's too kind for everybody.

"Alright, we'll make sure to keep an eye on your house for the whole week and if he doesn't show up again you don't have to be afraid anymore because we've with caught him or he just won't come back anymore. For now we're over here, you can take a ibuprofen and get some sleep and you'll be okay." The officer said getting to his feet.

He looked towards me and I sighed before following him out the door.
"Can you keep an eye on her for the time being, we have a lot to do and plus she lives right next door it wouldn't be too much work." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah no worries." I said and he nods back.

"Alright then, have a goodnight sir," with that he turned around and walked to his police car and drove off.

I take a look towards the girl's house and see the front porch light on, maybe she turned it on?

I shrug and walk back inside the house making sure to lock the door behind me.

Making my way back inside the living room where the two were still sitting in the same places, and I found it so strange that she wasn't talking to Almira and just sitting on the couch in a literal ball.