𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚒𝚞𝚜 𝚅𝚜 𝙻𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚝 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

Lucrezia walked through the halls, loud bangs and thuds can be heard throughout the base.

'I wonder how father is doing...'

She had stopped in her tracks when she felt an odd surge in her.

'What... what is this feeling? My heart hurts...
but it feels...'

The Wizard King stood on the roof as he thought of the young girl

The Wizard King stood on the roof as he thought of the young girl. At the first, he wasn't sure if it was safe to let Lucrezia go with the Royal Knights, solely because it was not the safest. And besides, she is strong, but she isn't the strongest as of now. She has too many things to learn along the way.

But perhaps, this one battle can teach her enough of the life of death and sacrifice.

Julius simply just needed to trust Zia with her safety. He would get mad at Julius if he found out his heir was hurt after all.

Julius stared down blankly, slight worry in his eyes, panic washed over. Julius had lost her once, he wish not to lose her again.

The blonde man looked to his side, his purple eyes traveled towards the Captain of the Golden Dawn.

"What is on your mind, William? Do you need something?"

William stayed silent for a moment, observing the blonde man in front. "Thank you for making time for me, Lord Julius."

The captain then took his mask off, revealing his scarred face. William smiled fondly as he looked up at the Wizard King.( William is hot as fuck y'all)

"You never cared for how I looked, and were the first person to acknowledge my true strengths. The path of my future opened when I met you."

He smiled guiltily.

"I grew up as a cursed child in a small village in the Forsaken Realm, and though I was welcomed into a noble family as its heir, I was treated terribly. But, you truly acknowledged my power and invited me into the Magic Knights."

William stared at the mask he had took off his head. Speaking quietly, he began, "When you gave me this mask... when you as well invited me into the Magic Knights... I decided I would dedicate my Grimoire to your service. It has been eleven years since then, and my feelings have changed since. I have always respected you, Lord Julius."

"...Are you retiring? Jeez, what brought all this on? You're making me blush." Julius chuckled lightly and scratched his head awkwardly.

William continued to speak his feelings, "This is why I climbed the ranks as a Magic Knight Captain, chose highly capable members that my mana pointed out to me, and created the Golden Dawn. I believe that making the ultimate Magic Knight Squad would be the best way to repay you. And that also..."

"For the sake of the other person who is deeply important to me."

The King that stood in front of William, who had a knowing look for what is about to come. He can read the future after all.

"My friend who was always with me, Lord Julius. From here on out, you two will walk completely different paths. Both of you are very dear to me. I simply cannot choose between the both of you. And so..."

"You two will have to choose for me."

Long white hair began to grow, the captains scar soon withering away...

"Thank you, William...My one and only human friend."

The man who stood in front of Julius greeted him politely, yet revenge perked through his smile. "Good day to you, Wizard King Julius Novachrono. I am the leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun, Licht."

Julius did not have any particular look on his face, just blank.

"I had hoped this would not be the case."

"So, it was you, but at the same time, it wasn't you. How did you manage to remove that scar? it doesn't seem like there is any magic in it."

"This car is a curse cast upon the clan of this body's mother. No curse cast upon humans have anything to do with me. I despise humans to the fullest. But William, he is different. We were able to share the same body after all. Despite being human, he accepted me and understood my own feelings."

Lichts eyes widened in anger as he criticized the life of a human. "... This uncontrollable rage, sadness, and hate I have for you humans. We're just like birds. If I had never met those humans, we would've never..." Licht grew silent, but immense hatred grew in him.

"We shall collect all of the magic stones and fulfill our desire!"

Julius grew quiet, then, put a smile on his face, which made Licht even more angry.

"You.. why the hell are you smiling?"

"William, you are a kind person. Who would've expected you had a second soul deep within you. To think you had another soul that you treasured deeply for, is also part of your kindness. And it is my job to stop him as someone who you also treasure. You support me, which means I'll win. For you."

Licht's Grimoire began to afloat by his side, "No, his heart is with me."

"Wizard King, I'm afraid you are going to die. As the Wizard King, the most powerful mage in this land, you shall take responsibility for all sins made."

Light magic like swords emitted around Licht as he began his attack.

Julius only chuckled in response.

"Unfortunately for you, I can't die. I'm supposed to wait for her to get back home."