𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑

This has A LOT of explaining about Lucrezia's past, sooooo my bad? But there is a good ending after this because I figured y'all would need it after that last chapter💀

As Lucrezia and Mereoleona made their way to Julius's office, Mereoleona knocked on the door impatiently. Once they heard a faint 'come in', Mereoleona opened the door for Lucrezia to enter in, before letting herself in.

"Oh, you two. I'm glad you got here on time!" Julius said with a false smile. He had noticed the younger girls eyes were slightly red along with a blushed nose, but he brushed it off, not wanting cause any discomfort.

"Lucrezia, have a seat over here please." Julius said, motioning to the chair across his desk.

Lucrezia sat down as Mereoleona leaned against the wall listening to the two have conversation.

"Lucrezia, do you have an idea on why you're here-"
"She knows. She had already figured it out." Mereoleona said boredly

".....Ah. Is that so?" Julius said with a soft look on his face

"...Yes.... May I ask you something?" Lucrezia said, no longer using the term 'sir'

Julius looked at her, but nodded. "Go ahead."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? At first, I found it peculiar that you behaved quite differently, but now that I have known, I want to know why."

"...I'm sorry, my dear. I didn't have the courage to tell you. I was afraid you might hate me. The day you were kidnapped by one of the servants, I was worried for you. Everyday I wondered where could you have gone, what would happen to you, I prayed every single day, praying that you would be okay."

"I kept track of your age, of the years, and your birthday. You had always wanted to be a magic knight, just like me, so when the year came that you would turn 15, I waited at the magic knight exams, hoping you would come. When I saw you, I was filled with and happiness. But that quickly came to a stop when I heard from Fuegoleon that you had no memory of being here. I was scared that, the day I told you I was your father, you would think I purposely let you get kidnapped. I was scared you would think I wasn't responsible enough to keep you safe. I was scared at the fact that you would think I betrayed you."

"That was why I couldn't come clean with you, my dear. I'm sorry. I am so sorry for everything. I let you get kidnapped. I let you live a life full of pain. I failed you. I completely understand the detest you have. And I understand if you don't want to see my face again. I understand if you might hate me. But for goodness sake, I will continue to love you. Forever. I want to be by your side. I want to be there for you. I want to be there for you as you grow. If you can, forgive me for every single thing I have done to you. Believe me when I say one of my biggest regrets was leaving you alone."

"I was at a meeting with the knight captains, when I heard you were gone, I rushed to find you so quickly. I sent out so many mages to find you, but you were no where to be seen."